Newbie from Spain. RF-63 Help!!

Enrique

Hi all, First of all, let me introduce. My name is Enrique and I'm writing you from Spain, so sorry about my english [:S]

As all of you, I'm a music/sound lover, and I've discover this brand. My first loudspeakers were a JBL LX44, and the current ones are a Focal JMLab 726. They are a good loudspeakers, but I feel it a little bit flat...sometimes I'm missing the JBL punch.

What I've red about klipsch, it seems to provide me the bass and treble for the music I'm used to listen to. The main problem is that this brand is not distributed easily in Spain...so I can't test them [:(]

There's a online dealer selling in Spain the rf-63 in a interesting price, but it have to be a blind purchase.... but I'm completely in love of those horns...

So, I would like to hear from you something about this loudspeakers, how they performs, amp recommended, etc. I've a old and dear 2 channel amp, pioneer a757, a good amp when I was young years ago, should I change it? All you can help me, I'll appreciate.

Regards from Madrid Enrique

Older amps tend to work really well with Klipsch speakers. Many modern, cheaply made amps over emphasize certain sounds, especially higher frequencies. The result is a very harsh, fatiguing sound.

I have heard RF-63s and RF-83s at an audio store and they both sounded incredible. I don't think you would regret the decision at all!

Enrique,

Welcome to the forum.

Let me tell you one thing about the RF-63's that stand out the most to me. They are the most 3-way sounding 2-way speaker I have ever heard. The bass, midrange, and highs roll together almost seamlessly. Very commanding bass with very detailed mids and highs. While for home theater they are incredible, 2 channel(stereo) listening is where they shine the most. If you can get them for a really good price, I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

I have listened to the RF-63's with several different amps(B&K, NAD, Marantz, Denon, Onkyo) and I can't complain about any of the combinations.

Your vintage Pioneer integrated amp should sound pretty sweet with the RF-63's.

Bill

post-26822-13819620019594_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your support.

I've been researching and it's impossible to listen this brand in Spain. There's no dealer...[:(]...

So, I think that the best will be wait, but meanwhile I'm going to renew my amplifier.

I'm a Marantz fan, and have red good reviews of Yamaha, what it's your experience about av receivers to move the rf-63?

Regards

I don't know what your budget is but NAD makes great sounding av receivers. Warm/neutral sound with a strong amplifier section that rivals seperates.

Look at this.

http://nadelectronics.com/reviews/Sound-and-Vision-Reviews-T-785-AV-Receiver

This is NAD's flagship receiver and it is not cheap. NAD's lesser models of avr's may be more in line with your budget.

I have a six year old NAD T-773(no HDMI) that is a beast of a receiver that sounds better than any receiver I have ever heard. While I do have it hooked up to an external amp(B&K Ref. 4430), the amps in the NAD have no trouble at all powering the RF-63's to crazy loud non-distorting levels.

Any of the more common brands(Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite) make great avr's but I think you should consider the mid to higher end models to get the best out of your RF-63's. You can add an outboard amp later if you so choose.

Bill