A question about large X-over networks

MechMan

Hey all. I've finally got some time to install my networks inside my cabinets (Cornwalls) and am curious about the weight.

They are a tad heavy with all the inductors (Universal style) and I'm curious if mounting on the side is still ok, or if you rec. switching to the shelf instead.

Greg...You built em, Whats your suggestion?

P.S.

They are awesome [Y]

Thanks

Al

These were I believe a set that Greg made a while back for a custom set of Cornwalls. They were a Universal type but with some extra components.

He saw I was looking for some networks so he re-worked them to mate with my setup. The board they are on is a bit bigger than your universal, but the parts are similar.

I am just curious about the inductors that stand up on the board, seems more sensible to put them flat on the shelf rather than on the side of the cab...but not sure if the shelf is a poor location for whatever reason?

Thanks

Hey all. I've finally got some time to install my networks inside my cabinets (Cornwalls) and am curious about the weight.

They are a tad heavy with all the inductors (Universal style) and I'm curious if mounting on the side is still ok, or if you rec. switching to the shelf instead.

Greg...You built em, Whats your suggestion?

P.S.

They are awesome Yes

Thanks

Hey Rick. What you have is the standard design of the ALK Universal "A" Series replacement networks. As I understood it back in May when you bought these, you said you wanted Universal networks for a Cornscala type speaker, not Cornwalls.

Shouldn't be any problem mounting them on the side of the speaker cabinet where the original ones went, as long as you use adequate screws to hold the weight.

Greg

MechMan:

In the very begining the Cornscala as inspired by Bob Crites and James W Cullsion, defined Cornscala as having Cornwall's bin, midrange of LaScala (K55/K400/K401 and highs of LaScala K77 or CT125 as per Crites version). But that was few years ago and now the term Conrscala has no universal definition except for perhaps assuming cornwall bas bin. The drivers and horns for the mid & highs are all over the place today. Just search conrscala in the forum you will see so many different flavors of midrange horns, drivers etc.

As I understood it back in May when you bought these, you said you wanted Universal networks for a Cornscala type speaker, not Cornwalls.

Based on what Greg said, you may want to further inform Alk regarding your definition of cornscala or what Greg specified as Cornscala for the network, as I undertdand Al's networks are Precision built based on the drivers.

Cheers