Finally finished my HT! (minus my sub...)

elementfbl114

Hey guys, I finally finished my HT! My RS-62s and RB-61s came in yesterday and I started setting them up at 9ish and finished at 6 in the morning [:S] But I did end up taking down all o fmy 14 gauge and replacing it with about 250 feet of 12 gauge speaker wire. It also took me a while to take down my old speakers and speaker wire... But the hardest was finding places for the new monster surrounds! I was surprised by their size! But I ended up geting the surrounds mounted about 5 feet from the ground. I ended up buying speaker mounts because they were so cheap from monoprice (4 mounts that support 33 pound speakers for 27 bucks shipped) but found out that the RBs didn't have keyhole or mounts on the back... And they were the wrong size for RSs...

Anyways here are some pics of my setup. The first three pictures show my HT progression. The smallest speakers are Koss which I bought when I was 12. The next size up are my onkyos which I bought when I was 18 - 19ish. Any obviously the biggest are my klipsch and I'm 22.

*For some reason the pictures wouldn't post so I just made links...

Here are my center speakers... I have come a long way from a 2 pound center to 60+ pound center [:D] Center Speaker

Here are my front speakers...

And here is my back surrounds....

Here are some random pics from the rest of my system:

RS-62

Other RS-62

RB-61

My surround back speakers (and my retro gaming area)

So now all I'm waiting for is my a5-350 from ED... When I ordered they said i would get it in 2 weeks and I talked to them a few days ago and they said they would ship in 2 weeks (i've been waiting 4 weeks so far...) But I think for the money, that sub can't be beat and it looks pretty nice.

I really can't believe how awesome everything sounds. I've never really heard speakers that could outperform many subs I have heard. Adding the surrounds made a huge difference! Especially after i did the audyssey configuration. I ended up changing a few things but really gave me a good place to start in configuring the speakers.

Overall, after my sub gets in I'll be pretty much done. The only thing I still want to do is get some RF-83s sometime. I'm going to keep watching CL for some good deals. If I end up getting the 83s then ill rb-61s with the my 82s [:)]

Also thanks for everyones help over the months. I came to this site trying to decide if I should get a full 7.1 from polk for 1000 bucks (found pretty good sales on that speakers) or go for the klipsch that would cost me around 1500.... And then after being on the boards for a little, ended up buying a center channel for a grand [:D] and I dont really want to think about how much money I ended spending on it all...especially since I still have college loans to pay off[:o]

• Moderators

Congrats on the new setup. I love the comparison of your speaker upgrades. Incredible how much your system has advanced over the years.

Overall, after my sub gets in I'll be pretty much done. The only thing I still want to do is get some RF-83s sometime.

You are already infected with the disease and you don't even realize it. LOL

Have fun with your new toys. The sub will really help bring your system to life.

Congrats on the new setup. I love the comparison of your speaker upgrades. Incredible how much your system has advanced over the years.

Overall, after my sub gets in I'll be pretty much done. The only thing I still want to do is get some RF-83s sometime.

You are already infected with the disease and you don't even realize it. LOL

Have fun with your new toys. The sub will really help bring your system to life.

Thanks! I really appreciate all of your help over the past few months. My next step is to start looking into what goes into building a dedicated HT room so I'll be ready when I move next year...

• Moderators

You are quite welcome. We have a great community here and most of us really enjoy helping others put together their dream system.

Do as much research as you can before you even begin working on your system. I chose to start a Stevens Home Theater - The Fun Begins build thread in the AVS Forums. I asked a LOT of questions and documented my entire journey of building my first HT. It's great to be able to look back and see it from the thoughts in my mind, to finally the finished product. There are some greet build threads in the HT section as well as some great Show Me threads.