4401/mid t for '54 k-horn

k2dx

I have a '54 k-horn with a "newer" tweeter, square magnet, appears to be an EV. I am told the original tweeter for my speaker is a 4401/mid t. Anyone have any leads on locating one?

I don't care for the sound of the present one, but that may be due to the amp (SS) I am using temporarily.

I plan to use a '57 Heahkit W-5M, it's on the bench waiting on components/tubes.

Any advice or leads appreciated.

I would look on ebay .The tweeter was made by University model 4401 it should be 16 ohms.

The ev t35 16 ohm is a nice tweeter try to find a early one with brown back and silver horn. My 58 and 59 khorns use this tweeter with the same crossover you should have. k 500 5000.

Have patience. They do show up on eBay from time to time. I bought one, and later sold it, there. It is possible one could show up this week, or it may be several weeks. But rest assured, one will turn up. Why not just create a saved search and let eBay notify you when one is listed?