RF 82II

I had a chance to hear the RF 82 Mk II's the other day at the local shop, sources where a Denon Blu Ray player, a DTS Master Audio Disc ran trhough an Onkyo TX NR 5007.

I know alot depends on room placement and what not but IMO they don't sound nearly as good as the pre RF 82 models, both seemed very bass heavy to me. The MKIIs even more so, it kind of felt like I was at my in laws house listening to music, flabby fat BOOOOOOOM.

They were awfully close to the wall so that doesn't help, they are however placed in a pretty large room, the volume was modest, I would be scared of what they sounded like turned up.

I will wait for someone to offer a more suitable and in home demo before any conlcusion is arrived.

I had a chance to hear the RF 82 Mk II's the other day at the local shop, sources where a Denon Blu Ray player, a DTS Master Audio Disc ran trhough an Onkyo TX NR 5007.

I know alot depends on room placement and what not but IMO they don't sound nearly as good as the pre RF 82 models, both seemed very bass heavy to me. The MKIIs even more so, it kind of felt like I was at my in laws house listening to music, flabby fat BOOOOOOOM.

They were awfully close to the wall so that doesn't help, they are however placed in a pretty large room, the volume was modest, I would be scared of what they sounded like turned up.

I will wait for someone to offer a more suitable and in home demo before any conlcusion is arrived.

Im wondering if setting the speakers to small might help that could be the perfect dial in and it could of been the sub they were running it with if they were that was causing the problem. Those are some things that should be taken into consideration before condeming the 82II ; ) and of course placement could contribute but unless there rear ported it shouldnt be that big of a deal unless there inches away from the wall imo .