RC-62 II in Stereo Anyone?

Tube-o-phile

Am wondering if using a pair of the RC-62 II standing on end might not be a better choice than the RB-81 II? Same tweeter but the advantage of having one woofer for the low range and the second woofer going all the way up to the actual crossover point to the tweeter. Only 4.5" taller and a bit narrower, so could be easily done.

The thing to remember is that center speakers perform best when laying flat. You won't get the same dispersion of sound when you rotate the horn 90 degrees.

In some Klipsch center speakers (such as the RF-7 I believe) you could rotate the horn 90 degrees and several people did that with good success.

Do you have enough space to lay both RC-62 IIs flat like they were designed to be used?

Unfortunately, that is true about the disperson. The tweeter 'horn' looks like it is not square, so it cannot be rotated. Too bad. If I was willing to give up the space to have a pair of the RC-62 IIs on their sides I would jump to a pair of La Scalas. Perhaps I can convince (LOL) Klipsch to put the tweeter from the RF-7 II into the RB-82 II box. Thanks.