Klipschorn industrials?

kg4guy

In fact all "botched" Klipschorns were not destined to become TSCMs. Most were sold to employees at a good price or were destroyed. Sales for TSCM's were only occassional and a few rejected Klipschorns were put aside for when these rare orders came in. After all typical cinema stage systems that utilized TSCM's were just three units behind the screen in LCR configuration.

Roger wrote:

Klipschorns were made in pairs, and if one got Biotched up, They would enclose the 5/8" bass bin of the Klipschorn with sides, top and bottom of 3/4"

Remember that all Klipsch at the time were built in MATCHING pairs so one cabinet rejected meant the pair was rejected. Fortunately we had excellent craftsmen back then so it was indeed rare to see any Klipschorns rejected at all. To work on that particular cabinet line one had to be a long term employee and to even get on that line there literally had to be a retirement. Again, it was rare to see a rejected Klipschorn ever and some TSCMs were built from plain birch ply purposely.

At Klipsch Pro we always built the TSCM from scratch.

regards to all

Ian Thacker

Thack,

I sure don't have the insight of being there back then like yourself, so I only have the eleven TSCM bass bins I have owned and the two that Kevin Harmon owns which I have seen to go by. I believe that 9 of my 11 bass bins came with the older K-33E square magnet woofer and only two came with the K-44E woofer. All of the 9 Bass bins I still own are painted over wood veneers, probably because of the earlier production dates. Thanks again for the insight that you have from being there....

Roger