La Scala splitter size

stereotyrant

Love them, espcially with the DJK mod.. It "relaxed out" some of the upper bass nasties.

I have the old k33 and i've always measured a rise in the bass system. I compensated in the crossover.

Works fantastic for me. 1974 seems to be a time when PWK was messing with that area of the LS

What would be interesting if someone could build their splitter up and compare.Mine looks difficult to tear out

I have a pic of the throat around...I'll post it later. Thanks for the input!

how do thjey sound?

Maybe it is a factory experiment.

Larry C. had posted some information on his K-Horns where there was a modification to the throat area. Maybe someone can point us to that thread, or Larry will pipe up.

My thought is that, in the case of Larry's K-Horns, the factory altered the throat structure, to see if it would improve performance -- and my guess it is the high freq was the goal. Apparently there was no improvement -- or degradation -- and the units got sold by the factory without any notice to the buyer.

Maybe something similar was tried in your case. Of course all this is speculation on my part.

Wm McD