power amp for rf-82 II and rc-62

LESNESMAN

QUESTION I HAVE A RC-62 ITS RATED AT 150 RMS 600PEEK AND BUYING THE NEW RF-82 II IS RATED AT 150 RMS 600 PEAK. I HAVE AN OLDER DENON RECIEVER 2807 RATED AT 110WATTS PER CHANNEL I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A SEPERATE AMP AND IT IS RATED AT 200 WATTS RMS PER CHANNEL WILL THIS HURT THEM SINCE THEY ARE RATED AT 150RMS. IF IT WILL NOT DAMAGE THEM WOULD I BE ABLE TO TELL A BIG DIFFERENCE IN SOUND QUALITY AND BE WORTH BUYING THE SEPERATE AMP?

Welcome to the forums!

As long as you don't hear any audible distortion you'll be fine. I noticed a significant improvement in sound quality mainly at higher volumes when I went to a separate amp. Very generally speaking having a pre-amp with a separate power amp will yield better results than an all-in-one receiver.

Oh, and a little friendly word of advice:

Posted Image

Lesnesman,

Welcome to the forum.

Your Denon is a pretty nice receiver but adding a little more clean wattage won't hurt a thing. More headroom is always better. I don't know what amp you are considering but here are a couple of amps to consider that will drive your front three speakers with ease.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1290737714&/Acurus-3x200-watts-

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1292768814&/Acurus-200x3-w/-pics-

I had the 150w/ch 2-channel version(A150) that was very dynamic and punchy on the low end and great build quality.

No affiliation with these ads.

Bill

really made my speakers