PRO-JECT PERSPEX TURNTABLE

boomac

• 4 weeks later...

OK, curiosity has gotten the best of me. Please be more specific or elaborate on what you mean by "transparent sound". Tks!

My guess that is joke based on the transparent base this turntable is contructed with:

6%20Perspex.jpg

I don't have any personal experience with this, but a quick "google" of the net showed some pretty good reviews of this unit. My guess is that if you found one for a good price, it may indeed be worth grabbing up.

Skonopa - I figured that might have been the jist of the post but was hoping someone on the Forum had some actual experience with one of these. The dealer is pretty high on the performance; especially at the price point. He's willing to deal on a slightly used one he has on hand and will set it up with my Lyra Clavis Cart. Tks for the info. I read several other reviews and they were all pretty positive.

OK, curiosity has gotten the best of me. Please be more specific or elaborate on what you mean by "transparent sound". Tks!

My guess that is joke based on the transparent base this turntable is contructed with:

6%20Perspex.jpg

I don't have any personal experience with this, but a quick "google" of the net showed some pretty good reviews of this unit. My guess is that if you found one for a good price, it may indeed be worth grabbing up.

I heard this turn table with some B&W 803 and some McIntosh electronics. Listened to Dark Side of the Moon I don't even remember flipping the record over, I was totally involved. Listened to a original yard sale find of Hotel California and it sounded great too. I compared it with the McIntosh Turntable since the store "Staple", VPI Classic was recently sold out. I couldn't tell the difference, but I didn't do a blind test..

This is a seriously great turntable. Too bad the not enough pro reviews out there.

Bill

Skonopa - I figured that might have been the jist of the post but was hoping someone on the Forum had some actual experience with one of these. The dealer is pretty high on the performance; especially at the price point. He's willing to deal on a slightly used one he has on hand and will set it up with my Lyra Clavis Cart. Tks for the info. I read several other reviews and they were all pretty positive.

Have you asked the dealer if you can demo the table at home?

If you get a good deal on the unit and it doesn't work out, you can always flip it and make back your money.