HDMI question

peshewah

Thank Klipsch for hosting this site and all the other users that have helped me understand me about 1% of this Audiophile stuff.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with Master Audio and True HD we have more data than the movie theatre when they use film.

so why does the Movie Theater sound so good?

Room Treatments, Speaker Placement, Quality Amplification, Biamping etc.

So yes you can get really great surround sound from a $200 dollar Blu-ray, $500 dollar Processor/Amplifier, a $50 HDMI cable and some Klipsh speakers.

Making that system sound a lot better can be done with getting the speakers in the correct place, getting level adjustments right, and managing room reflections for all most zero dollars.

Going for near perfection can get really expensive fast.

Agreed! Thats why if its possible I would use the auto setup of the receiver if it has a mic that came with it. Then you can tweak from there. I've always had great luck with Audyssey. And I found out about speaker positioning last week. If definitely can make a huge difference in the sound quality. So all of those are good points! Oh and with the Klipsch speakers don't forget about a quality sub!

Very few , read expensive, components make it to this level.

Search for Signal to Noise on the Wip.

n 1981, researchers at Ampex determined that a dynamic range of 118 dB
on a dithered digital audio stream was necessary for subjective
noise-free playback of music in quiet listening environments.[16]