Just pulled the trigger on the new RC64II : )

TheFactor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Vic, I wouldnt bi-wire you probably wont even notice a difference except it will make you feel better[;)] as far as needing a amp no you dont but you can prosper from one imo it will give you a more dynamic sound and wider sound stage with more detail even at lower volumes . I personally would reccomend Emotiva amps they offer alot of bang for the buck and I love mine . You have a great setup and I honestly beleive a amp will be a great addition for you !

i see what you are saying but im some what new to the whole amp world so i really dont what im buying Angry or which one is right for my setup i've been looking at the emotiva website an i dont know whats what? please help

There are many options but what I would do is get either a xpa-3 or a xpa-5 its better to have to much power then not enough you can do more damage pushing your speakers with lack of power causing distortion and those amps are something you can grow into later down the road . Again there are many different options and dont think theres a wrong or wright answer but thats what I would get with your setup , hope that helps .

I have a Furman and Panamax whitch is basically the same company now and thats what I would reccomend although theres many great companys out there Monster power should be ok imo but I would try to stay in there 300 to 400 dollar price bracket or higher . The thing about monster is your paying for the name and thats why you'd probably want to get there middle to upper price range power centers unless your thinking just powerstrips whitch would be better then nothing .

Don't forget about APC. Their products have battery backups. They have units that have similar form factors to the Monster Power equipment and they have the computer based units too. The computer ones are cheaper but in order to get the Automatic Voltage Regulation (which is what the good Monster and Panamax have) you have to step up to their upper end. But the biggest one. The BR1500G which is capable of handling 865 watts is like $230. I love mine because when you have quick little power outages or brownouts I don't have to wait for my dvr and cable box to reboot and if I'm playing a game on the PS3 I don't have to worry about losing my progress. I can safely save the game and/or safely stop my DVR and shut it down. The Home Theater APC units can handle more watts but even the cheaper ones are more expensive. Generally starting off at $500. I haven't had any problems with my units and the vertical form factor works out better for me because I don't have any room on my entertainment center shelves. Just a thought. You can't go wrong with any of those brands though. Panamax offers battery backup units as well. I don't think Monster does though. I really don't think you can go wrong with battery backup IMHO.

Those are all excellent points and Automatic Voltage regulation is a nice feature although i've never needed it I always have a nice steady flow of juice my main concern was protection for power spikes and such but it depends on were you live and the conditions I guess but my volts have never varied from 118 to 122 . I have lost power but both my power stations did there job . Apc would be another good suggestion for its upper end models with voltage regulation . I scored a great deal on my Furman I think it was a 1500 dollar unit at the time and when magnolia went under I got it for under 300 dollars on there last day of business : )

hey guys thanx for all the great info you guys are giving me but i wish that i can go to any store here in new york city but there not any stores where i can walk-in and look at what im buying and give it a little test run in the store . the only three stores i can walk-in to is best buy wihich they dont really carry any of high end stuff at all then theres pc richards wihich they just horrible they just carry anything and last but not lease is j&r music world they carry high end stuff but its nothing that im lookin for so i just stuck by look at pictures that really not justify the product [:@]

this was looking to buy

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3415

or

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3370

and

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=1587

please let me know if these are any good for my setup

thanx once again

Yeah generally the power in my area is pretty stable and reliable but this past summer we had a ton of brownouts so the AVR feature worked plenty of times. Hearing that "click" everytime the battery kicked in was great. Because I was still watching tv with lights (I have a 3 lamp cfl lamp hooked up as well in case I need light during an extended power outage. I can just shut everything off and when I'm only running the lamp I can get a lot of runtime. 80 min or more. Depending on how many of the lamps I turn on) so that was a plus. And last week someone hit a pole and that caused the power to brownout numerous times then it finally went out. I sat back and listened to the radio lol. But for the most part our power is stable. I already feel as though I've gotten my investment back numerous times! And VIC all of those are great units. Of course I'm biased towards the last unit which had voltage regulation because the other two units will protect against voltage abnormalities but they do so by disconnecting power to your equipment. The AVR unit will continue to supply power if the voltage DIPS below a certain level. Of course if you completely lose power then you won't have axillary or battery power. for those prices though I would rather go with the Panamax units. Or APC home theater units. For the same prices or a little cheaper you get the same features plus battery backup. I know you may feel as though you don't need the backup power but I'm a value kind of guy. If you're going to pay that much you might as well get as many features as possible from a reliable company. I love Monster products but the convenience of battery backup has converted me. check these out:

http://www.panamax.com/Products/Battery-Backup/MB1500.aspx#tab_benefits

http://www.panamax.com/Products/Battery-Backup/MB1000.aspx

http://www.apc.com/products/apcav/products/index.cfm?action=detail&base_sku=J15BLK

http://www.apc.com/products/apcav/products/index.cfm?action=detail&base_sku=S20BLK

http://www.apc.com/products/apcav/products/index.cfm?action=detail&base_sku=S15BLK

All of those units have filtering etc. As far as which company has the best filtering i have no idea.

And guess what came in the mail today. My Blu Ray! Return to Forever. I'm 53 minutes through it and I must say I'm impressed. It sounds AMAZING. I don't know why the &^%@%& I waited so long to get a true Blu Ray concert disc. You can't beat the sound at all. I especially like the Bass Guitar solo at around the 40 min mark. My sub was singing but it definitely came alive on that part. Started shaking the mancave!!! I can not wait to get some 82s or 7s or something. I can only imagine how it sounds with the 7s......

And guess what came in the mail today. My Blu Ray! Return to Forever. I'm 53 minutes through it and I must say I'm impressed. It sounds AMAZING. I don't know why the &^%@%& I waited so long to get a true Blu Ray concert disc. You can't beat the sound at all. I especially like the Bass Guitar solo at around the 40 min mark. My sub was singing but it definitely came alive on that part. Started shaking the mancave!!! I can not wait to get some 82s or 7s or something. I can only imagine how it sounds with the 7s......

Cool man !!!! Im so glad your enjoying it [:D] I knew you would and dont feel bad that was my first and only Bluray concert and I do plan on getting more . Well just finished hooking my XPA-2 That came in today and what a beast im going to do some calibrating and check out a movie and that concert again .. Well thats awesome im really glad that blu is doing the trick it does rock big time !!!

Cool man !!!! Im so glad your enjoying it Big Smile I knew you would and dont feel bad that was my first and only Bluray concert and I do plan on getting more . Well just finished hooking my XPA-2 That came in today and what a beast im going to do some calibrating and check out a movie and that concert again .. Well thats awesome im really glad that blu is doing the trick it does rock big time !!!

Yep it does! I'm online right now looking at the others in the Live at Montreux series. I'll probably pick up the Legends, Ray Charles, Quincy Jones Birthday Celebration, and BB King Blu Rays next. Since they're all Live at Montreux they should all sound great. And wow a XPA -2? Yeah your system is going to blow you away once you get everything set the way you like it!

Sooo....I just pulled the trigger myself on the RC-64II. Now I have no money for all the blu-rays I want to snag next week during Black Friday. lol. It will be a while before I get the RF-7II. I also got an xpa-2 and xpa-3 earlier this month. can't wait to get an avr with preouts to check it out (crossing my fingers for a christmas present :-) )

Sooo....I just pulled the trigger myself on the RC-64II. Now I have no money for all the blu-rays I want to snag next week during Black Friday. lol. It will be a while before I get the RF-7II. I also got an xpa-2 and xpa-3 earlier this month. can't wait to get an avr with preouts to check it out (crossing my fingers for a christmas present :-) )

Congratualtions! That beast of a center is going to make a huge difference! And don't feel bad. I just pulled the trigger on the 82s and now the only money I have is holiday shopping money. So no more stuff for me until after the holidays! But congrats again and let us know how much you love it!

Congratualtions! That beast of a center is going to make a huge difference! And don't feel bad. I just pulled the trigger on the 82s and now the only money I have is holiday shopping money. So no more stuff for me until after the holidays! But congrats again and let us know how much you love it!

Nice man congrats on the new 82's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much congrats on the 64II !!! Your going to really enjoy it what a great center channel !!