Have you ever ???

joessportster

Have you ever bought a piece of equipment off a manufacturer with very high hopes from all the glowing press etc... Only to receive such poor service and support from the manufacturer that it turns you off to a point that you feel the huge desire to get rid of that piece no matter it's performance ??? I'm having that delima right now due to Israel Blume of coincident. He is a real TOOL !!!! Joe

Hey Joe, Yeah, we had that experience last winter. We bought an brand new Enviro pellet stove from an area dealer installer. Total package of stove, venting, installation and certification was over 3 grand. When the installation was complete, he turned it on. The convection or heating fan was so loud you couldn't talk over it, even though the literature said that it was the 'quietest pellet stove ever made .....you can only hear the pellets drop'. The dealer/installer said, "it was a big room so it would echo and sound louder", then he left. I even made lunch for this guy and his helper.

Several times we approached the manufacturer with no replys & approached the provincial distributor with no replys. And the dealer/installer said it wasn't a problem and ignored our calls. This runaround went from February to late April (when we didn't need the stove). He was also supposed to give us an inspection certificate for insurance. Well, he never did that either, so I emailed the Ontario accreditation office to check on whether he was even really licensed to perform the work. Apparently, this had an effect. Within 3 days, I had a phone call from him that a new fan was on order and after a couple more weeks of bumbling around he came up and put it in. The new fan was much quieter. 'No soup for you', this trip.

So this year, Paddy and I talked about replacing it with something else but decided we'd just run it til it quits or has another problem, then make a decision. So at least, so far, we can be in the same room with it. But the whole experience has left a bad taste in our mouths, so I can empathize with what you're going through. So hang in there and be persistent. Good luck.

Slainte. Hamish