Are these Cornwall the real deal vs. La Scala

M@C

So I have La Scala speakers for my theater and love them. I'm planning an addition with a new theater (more on that later) and I'm wondering if I should change my mains to Cornwall for when I listen to music.

I came across a really nice pair with Crites co's foe $850 but I'm 3rd in line and he won't sell until Dec. 13th.

Then I came across these last night and I'm supposed to audition them tonight, they look a little rough but I can't really tell in the pic.

Considering they are $600 I can deal with cosmetics but would appreciate any advice on what to look for or watch out for.

Is it the difference worth it?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/2096806623.html

This is the ad for the ones that won't sell untill Dec. 13th.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/2093928450.html

I have owned neither speaker (22 year Forte owner), but after hearing the glorious midrange on the KHorn (same as your LaScala) - if you listen to any orchstral music, my ears think the LaScala would ace the Cornwall in reproducing the sound of live instruments.

Just a sonic hypothesis on my part, but let your ears be the judge - just make sure to bring along music you know and are familiar with to audition.

my take. depends on how large a room you have and if you have the lasacala in the corners toe'd in. lascala's sound great in large room by not as great in small rooms. Cornwalls sound great in any room size.

So the room is 16x24 with a adjacent space that enters into it, one of the large walls has a 16' opening into another 16x 16 space. I was planing on toeing them in, should they be in the corner or one foot away from the corner?

I owned a set of Cornwall II's 22 years ago and sold them to a friend. Over time I picked up a set of KLF 30's and then Belles and then finally Industrial LaScala's. I have always missed that "fist in the chest" bass that the Cornwall delivered. After listening to the old Cornwalls at my friends house I noticed that big mid clarity was missing from the Cornwall. My ears arent too good now and I really need the Lascala to help deliver the sound. A week or so ago I picked up a set of Chorus's to replace my old KG-4's as surrounds. I must say the Chorus's sound really good but still lack that old solid Cornwall bass. To make a long story short, for low wattage listening the Cornwall would be my pick. If you wanted to stretch it out though I would have to stick with the big horns. In time I will go back to Cornwalls from the Chorus model, but my Lascalas will remain out front.