I need help with Harmony 880 programming

USNRET

My setup (the parts that matter anyway):

Onkyo PR SC5507 pre pro

Oppo BDP-93

Logitech Harmony 880

What I want to accomplish for the wife's benefit is to have the system go from Off to On and set the Oppo to HOME (technically I would like it to go to HOME then Netflix but I don't think the 880 can do that).

I believe the Oppo takes too long to boot up and be able to receive the HOME command.

I have set an Activity (Netflix) to power on the Onkyo, Oppo and TV then delay 5 secs. (max allowed) then set Oppo to HOME. This doesn't work.

After everything is up I have to select Device > Oppo > Home > Cursor down to Netflix > Activity (so remote is back in correct mode for control of volume etc).

Can you help?

If this is not possible, remote brand/model would be able to make this command string?

Merry Christmas!

what you can do is change the order in which what device receives which commands first. set the oppo as the last device to receive the command and (or) put a delay on the command as well. i have a simular issue. switching the order worked for me.

change the order of which device gets powered on first:

(go to the "activity" you want to change, click on "settings", check "review the order in which devices are powered on", use arrows to adjust which device gets the commands first to last.

if you want to add a delay to the command (to allow it to boot up):

chose the "activity" you want to program, click on "settings", check " review the settings for this activity", check "yes, but i want to add more control of options and devices for this activity", (i assume the device is already listed so go ahead and hit "next" until you see a title in blue that says "please review the actions for your "activity" (it would say the name of the activity you are changing). on the upper portion there is a gray box area that says "add action for" and there is an arrow tab. choose the device and hit "add". the next screen will have 4 options. you will have to go to this screen twice. the first time to tell it to delay a command. then you have to "add" another command and this time you list what the command would be. in your case "Home" would be it.

that should be clear as mud. shoot me an e mail if you this didn't help. if you like you can send me your info and i'll call sometime and we can talk and walk through it. i understand about remote macro problems. man they can give you a huge headache! lol

I get your meaning and will see what order they are in now. I may be able to change the TV and Oppo but the Pre Pro must stay first, I am using the power sensing mode on the power center so first things must be first.