iPod Touch... how do I make the sound better?

Schu

Okay... I finally broke down and bought an portable player, and 32gb iPod touch. I am going to be running my Klipsch Image ones with this thing... are there any setting I can use or anything I can do to the downloads to make the sound better? faster/deeper sample rate? save files as? anything at all?

thanks

Okay... I finally broke down and bought an portable player, and 32gb iPod touch. I am going to be running my Klipsch Image ones with this thing... are there any setting I can use or anything I can do to the downloads to make the sound better? faster/deeper sample rate? save files as? anything at all?

thanks

Use only imported CDs encoded in Apple lossless via iTunes. OR Download only 16 bit/44khz audio. That means no content from the iTunes Music Store. I recommend amazon.com's used CD section. CDs for a dollar and shipping for 2 is a lot less that a 9.99 iTunes downloaded albums in less than ideal 256Kbps. Don't waste your money on docks to play music to your audio system. Apple sells the airport express that has an optical cable connection to connect to your receiver. Using Apple AirTunes you can control and play all your Music with the iPod touch and Apple Airport Express. i know this sounds like an apple ad but it's the best solution out there.

I just noticed you are only using headphones.. So disregard the dock part.

Yes. That's a much better written explanation, but I still feel that one should stick with Apple and Apple Lossless Audio. No company can integrate the music better with your lifestyle.. Meridian Sooloos is second and Sonos is third.

Did you look for a music albums on Amazon (used) and compare the prices to iTunes Music Store? Also Rip a CD in Apple Lossless AND rip it in 128kbps AAC then compare which sounds acceptable enough for your ears.

funny... I went through all my computer music and looked at the bit rates... most of it was 128(I can re rip those), a good portion was 256... and one album was digitized at 1141 bits(pagini 24 Caprices)... lol.

I do like a good high def recording.

yes sir... I wont receive my touch until monday, but I have been lsitening to different versions of teh same source material on my computer via my Image Ones. Through myexternal speakers(heritage) the sound difference is extremely noticable... through the head phones it is not as much so... but being a stickler for quality, I will still and try to rip and save as in the highest quality format so that

• 11 months later...

In reading this post ...I went into my itunes library and noticed that 95% of my music was at 256kbps. Is that where it should be ? If not, how would I change it without having to download over 1000 songs all over again ?

I am fairly new to this whole deal - but noticed that some music played back from my ipod touch sounds much different from other tracks.

As an example: I downloaded the Fleetwood Mac Rumours cd onto my ipod touch and the volume is much decreased than other tracks - what is the deal with that - it is at 256kbps as well

Any thoughts ???

In iTunes is the sound check box selected? It is under preferences. That might mess with your levels. I use iVolume to fix that ( from the mac app store)

Next, you must have the CD to get a better compression setting. You can't go up, only down in "quality"

I use Louder Logic to play music on my iPod Touch, it fixes some of the issues you are expressing

In reading this post ...I went into my itunes library and noticed that 95% of my music was at 256kbps. Is that where it should be ? If not, how would I change it without having to download over 1000 songs all over again ?

I am fairly new to this whole deal - but noticed that some music played back from my ipod touch sounds much different from other tracks.

As an example: I downloaded the Fleetwood Mac Rumours cd onto my ipod touch and the volume is much decreased than other tracks - what is the deal with that - it is at 256kbps as well

Any thoughts ???

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed significant improvement of iphone, ipad and ipod performance by adding an outboard amp and a line out plug. I got a battery powered Fiios amp and a patch cord that inserts into the multi-contact power plug of the device and has a 1/8" phono plug that goes into the amp. The un-amplified signal from the multi-contact plug sounds much better that a standard line out from the head phone jack of the device. The Fiios amp improves it even more. I have used this set up with Klipsch x10, x5 and M40s with great results. See the Fiio site for amps and cords. http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx