RC-62 II or RC-64 II for RF-82II'S

spurdarren

I have a pair of RF- 82II's on the way as I have gotten the upgrade bug. I currently have an F-3 setup and I am going to try to use the C-3 center I have already but the more I read the more I think the C-3 will be replaced quickly. I have gotten quotes on the 2 centers in the title and I trying to decide if the 64 is worth the extra $540.

I think you should go with the RC-62II. It has a 1 inch tweeter like your RF-82II's while the RC-64II has a 1.75 inch tweeter. With such a huge difference in tweeter size, I don't believe the RC-64II will be timbre matched to the RF-82II.

Bill

I would go with the RC-64ll if you can, it will work well with your speakers and yes it should timbre match with your RF-82ll's. The RC-64(ll) is a big improvement over the RC-62(ll). I believe you will appreciate the difference now and you will also be ready if you decide to upgrade your RF-82ll's to something like the RF-7ll later [;)]