RB-3 - Wall mountable

bacevedo

Does anyone know if the RB3 speakers have keyholes or screwholes on the back, so that you can use a wall mount to mount them to the ceiling or wall?

If not, do the SB1, 2 or 3 have these as well?

I am getting ready to move, and my RCW3 in walls are staying, so I will need new surrounds. I don't want to go the in-wall route again, so I am looking at getting some smaller bookshelf surrounds that will match my RB5 and RC3 front speakers. I will want to mount these speakers from the ceiling, so that I can have them out to the sides and slightly behind the listening position.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

------------------

"... But Honey - I promise this is the last thing I will have to buy for the Home Theater"

Mistubishi VS60603 60" RPTV

Denon AVR 3802 Receiver

Denon DVM 1800 DVD Changer

JVC 3600U SVHS VCR

RCA DirecTV Satellite Tuner

Klipsch RB5 - Mains

Klipsch RC3 - Center

Klipsch RCW3 - In-wall Surrounds

Velodyne SPL1200 Subwoofer

Monster HTS1000 Power Conditioner

Acoustic Research Pro Series Interconnects

Bacevedo, no the RB-3's don't have keyhole screws. And even if they did they would probably be too heavy to wall mount like that. The only way I would mount them would be to install a shelf of some sort, and then place the RB-3's on them. If you really have to wall mount them, then the RS-3 is pretty much the only choice that matches your system. However, it is wdst. Don't know if you would want that.

-UP

------------------

Liv Tyler as Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" - Translation: "I am very hot."

Thanks - I guess I am just gonna have to get the SB1 then. I would prefer reference series to match the horn and copper cone, but for my surround speakers I don't think it will be that critical. It will still probably sound better than my current in-wall surrounds right now.

Bryan

bacevedo, I have found SB-2's to be far superior to SB-1's for your application. I have used heavy duty wall brackets, minimalist shelf and ABS pipe mounts... of which the ABS pipe mounts proved to be the best... particularly when sufficient room for the rear port proper function in a bass reflex design is considered.

If you look closely in my old signature photo, their are a pair of SB-2's on 4" ABS pipe mounts as Front Effects Speakers high in both corners. Subsequent to this photo, the SB-2's were inverted to get some additional advantage from the ceiling and bring the horns closer to ear level.

I have also used 6" ABS pipe available from Home Depot in 3' lengths with ABS floor drains for the base and top. They make a tidy and very sturdy solution but most speaker height requirements would require a 5' length... and for that you need to go to a commercial plumber's supply... and few will have 6" ABS in the standard 10' lengths.

In one of my experiments, I chose the SB-2 as the lightest Klipsch speaker with a sufficiently robust sound to be mounted in high places. Be sure to make an "ear check" at your local dealer's before plunking your money down. Enjoy! -HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-13-2002 at 09:16 AM

Here's a response to a similar question last year from one of our moderators regarding bracket mounts for RB-3's.

My help in your quest.

Wes

quote:

Originally posted by BobG:

Vogels makes a bracket which will support speakers up to about 45 pounds. It does not mar the speaker and allows for angle adjustment.

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>