Onkyo TX SR-607 KG 5.5 PLEASE HELP

Loudogp250

I replaced my B2 & C1 in my basement HT setup with a pair of KG 5.5's and a KG 2.2 as my center. With the previous setup the onkyo would fill the speakers with wonderful sound. Now that I added the KG"s, the speakers sound as though they are not getting the power. Even after audyssey calibration and playing with the settings nothing helps. Is my onkyo the culprit? Will the Onkyo TX-NR807 sovle my problems?

The KG5.5s are very nice speakers, I bought a pair for my son and he is driving them with an old Denon 5.1 AVR (something like 10 years old) with excelent results. I would check to see that you don't have one of the speakers wired out of phase, this would KILL any quality sound from them.... and it is easy to do as well as easy to fix.

Thanks for the response Cal. I have checked all the speaker connections. I am running a 7.1 system. During normal TV viewing or netflix on the XBOX or PS3 my KG's are loud and clear. While watching blu rays via my PS3 with any of the hd audio formats the center doesn't sound as loud and clear. I constantly find myself in the settings menu on the onkyo raising the db level. This only occurs while watching 5.1, 6.1, and ,7.1 encoded blu rays. The XBOX & PS3 are attached to the onkyo by HDMI.

OK, the problem is a little clearer now, what output format are you using from the PS3 to the AVR? What codec are you running via HDMI to the AVR from the PS3?

I also use a PS3 for BD and HD audio, the signal needs to go from the PS3 to the AVR over HDMI and using the PS3 to decode the content (I am having a brain fart and can not remember the codec to use LOL) I must be getting old.... older[:P]