Pros and cons: RF-3II Vs. Rf-5

guitarizt

I think I'm going to buy a h&k avr320 like that other guy might be doing, but I'm not sure which speakers to get. It looks like the rf-311 speakers have more bang for the buck than the rf-5 speakers. Are the rf-5s really that much better or should I just get the rf-311s? I'm just gonna live with 2 front speakers for a while. Thanks for your help. I think I'm getting really close to buying something now.

If it wear not for the price of the RF3, you could easily justify the price of the RF5.

RF3's rock. Under-rated! If you don't care to much about things like your speakers match the table 5 feet away, get the RF3's. Then you could use the left over money for center, or sub, or whatever.

Dont know much about HK, soory.

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

Hey what the hell go for the RF-7. They are amazing!!!!!!! LOL

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony TC-WE425 Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Rear (Just upgraded the SS-1)

yeah IMO it's either the RF-3s or the RF-7s.

the RF-5s are good speakers, but they just don't offere the same bang for the buck the 3s do, and they aren't the ultimate like the RF-7s...

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

seb,

what does IMO mean?

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony TC-WE425 Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

RC-3 Center

Oh thanks

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony TC-WE425 Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

RC-3 Center

I would, but they are too expensive. I just bought a guitar amp, I want a guitar, I'm going to need to build a computer within the next two years, I need a receiver, and for the price of the 7s I could get the 3s and some more speakers. I'll be living w/o a sub for a while, and right now I don't plan on ever buying one unless I get it for free or win a large amount of $$$. Biggrin.gif:

noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do NOT sacrifice the sub!

you NEED the sub!

and a good one too!!!

there is no way I'm letting you get away with this, so much of the cool home theater experience lies in a subwoofer's deep, powerful bass... there is no way a home theater is a home theater without a sub, unless you're using something like Wilson WATT Puppies as mains...

get a sub, no matter what you do. skimp on something else, the surrounds, the guitar, the computer, I don't care, you NEED a sub.

disclaimer: My name is Sébastien David, I'm addicted to bass... and lovin' it!

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection