Need Help :-(

Osiris_1980

Hi guys! Had picked up my RF-82s and a PA-120 sub with a Marantz SR5005. The installation guy just came and tried to set it up but we are not getting any sound from the receiver. Its Saturday so cant call the Marantrz customer support. Any tips/ideas as to why this must be happening. All components are brand new. I even tried playing the ipod through the front USB port with earphones. Still no sound. Appreciate any help or advice. Really disappointed, thought I would hear my new system for the first time today.

I am not familiar with the Marantz AVRs but my first thought is there something called 'Mode" on the remote control? If so, you want to have it set to automatic...If that's not the culprit make sure you have the right source connected to the input you are trying to play. The last thing you may want to check is that you don't have the "ext" for the {edit} analog inputs engaged, which would circumvent your digital connection...