SW-10 sub owners, need advice

vaudio

I was wonder how you like the bass from the (PR) SW-10 sub? Does it sound better than most 10 inch subs with a bass reflex enclosure?

Also, how much would be a good price to pay for a used one that is in good condition?

Reason being, I am planning on buying a used one and the fact that it is an 8 year old design kind of scares me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

This message has been edited by vaudio on 04-11-2002 at 09:23 PM

vaudio, the SW10 is an earlier version than the SW10II.Check the s/n label on the rear for the SeriesII designation.The II would be preferable.

The SW10II with 12" passive radiator is a decent sub.I personally prefer this design to the equivalent bottom firers that Klipsch more recently offered.If possible demo at your home.Otherwise,ask lots of questions and get assurance of condition.I personally wouldn't pay over $175-$250 regardless of condition.

Best bet, buy new.

Keith

EDIT> And welcome va! Great place to ask questions and get opinions.And it doesn't cost anything!

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 04-12-2002 at 05:26 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Nope no one else owns it. JK. But let me give you my honest opinion. When buying a sub don't go cheap. Save longer if you need to but buy a bigger one. You can't ever get enough bass and after you buy one you get used to the bass so you need a bigger one so get the bigger one right away, satisfy your needs and impress your friends. But that is just my own little voice.

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

I own 2 SW 12 and one SW15 and i have a good friend who has the SW 10 (all series II). We had the SW 10 in our dorm room for a year and it was AWSOME!! Tons of output for its size and especially its price. I also owned the new Klipshes (KSW 12 and 15) and I sold them fast compared to the SW series. I have not compared with the brand new Klipshes though. My older Klipsh SW subs match well with my La Scalas. I love them.