So will my YAMAHA RX-V367 AV Receiver support RB-51 II Bookshelf Speaker? (NOOB)

chabooky386

I am quite new to this whole audio thing and currently I have the Klipsch 300 surround system. I want to switch out my front L & R speaker to RB-51's.

1) Will my amp support this?

2) Will the sound be weird with half RB speakers and half HD 300 series?

3) Is there another route I should be taking?

Thanks guys!

Welcome Chabooky, we're glad your here.

Keep in mind, we don't believe there is such a thing as "Stupid Questions", just stupid people who don't ask questions! [;)]

So, don't worry about being new to this, we all were at one time or another.

Yes, the Yami will support the RB 51's.

Yes, it may sound a little weird for now, but you'll be upgrading the HD 300's before too long. That is if you hang around here for any time! LOL

You're on the right route now. Are there better ways of doing it? Sure, but you're doing fine!

That receiver as you know, is an "Entry Level" receiver and you'll probably want to do something about that in the future, but it will work for now.

Again, Welcome!

Dennie

Here are the Spec's on the Yamaha....

Channels 5.1
RMS Output Power (1kHz) 100W x 5
Total Power (20Hz - 20kHz) 500W (1kHz)
High Sound Quality Dolby Digital EX / Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Dolby Digital Surround / Dolby ProLogic II)
DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 (DTS Digital Surround)
D/A Conversion 192 kHz/24 bit
Selectable Subwoofer Crossover Yes
High Picture Quality HDMI 3D Capable Yes
Advanced Connections HDMI (In/Out) (4 / 1)
Component Video (In/Out) (2 / 1)
A/V Inputs (S-Video) 4 (Composite)
Digital Inputs/Outputs [O: Optical, C: Coaxial] (O: 2, C: 2)
Front A/V with Digital Input Yes (A/V Only)
Front Mini Input for Portables Yes
Advanced Features Compressed Music Enhancer Yes
Bluetooth Compatibility Yes (With optional YBA-10)
iPod Compatibility Yes (With optional YDS-11/12)
Auto Power Down Yes
Learning Remote Capability Preset
Surround Realism Surround Programs 17
Product Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/8" x 6" x 12-3/8"
Product Weight (lbs.) 16.5
Shipping Dimensions (W x H x D) 21-3/8" x 8-7/8" x 15-5/8"
Shipping Weight (lbs.)

Thanks for your input and warm welcome. I am glad to see that it will work and my only concern now is when will i know that my entry level yamaha reciever isn't cutting it anymore? And, when i do choose to upgrade what should i be looking in to? What specs should i look for?

Thanks for your input and warm welcome. I am glad to see that it will work and my only concern now is when will i know that my entry level yamaha reciever isn't cutting it anymore? And, when i do choose to upgrade what should i be looking in to? What specs should i look for?

Hey Chabooky,

Well, only you will know, but I don't think it will take too long. Those entry level HT receivers are sold for well....entry level HT.

What is your goal? A Home Theater that will rock the neighborhood? A good 2 channel set up for music? Both? Neither?

Stick around here and there is enough experience to help you put together a great set up, whatever your budget allows. You just might have to do it one piece at at time, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Dennie

...or you could be like me and just get ammused by what even new piece of gear you come across and see how it can be incorporated into your current system by relpacing something that's already there.

For about 6-years I did just that and finally told myself "THIS is where I want to be." Of course there are little tweaks I'd like to do to it but if I don't I can still live without them if the money/space isn't there.

But all in all, it's kinda like the lottery. Remember to play responsibly. [H]