Eq settings on pioneer elite series

Inkabodpain

I need some help in adjusting my eq settings for my speakers . I did the mic set up and did not like the results , seemed too low .so if anyone has a pioneer elite VSX 94TXH or any pioneer elite model or any receiver in general. What eq settings did you use? If it helps this is how I use my system:

60% movies 30% gaming 10% music.

Thank You !

I have the VSX1020 and although I used the mic and full auto settings I have a few changes I enjoy.

I do keep one calibrated setting in memory I check from time to time for comparisons.

DNR off except for records and tapes.

S.RTRV on most times

LFE off

Speaker settings front and center LARGE crossover rollover at 50hz

Alway manual set center volume

MiDNIGHT OFF, LOUNDNESS ON

For 2 channel music typically use STEREO EQ'ed bass+

Bottom line I love my Pioneer however there are too many damn controls.

Its a curse you live with to have so many varying media sources.

The AVS forum has a extensive thread over 80pages and growing on the VSX1020 that may help with your issue.

I can guarantee you that no one has the same room, speakers, electronics, etc. as you do. As a result, one person's EQ settings won't really help you out. Tune the EQ to what sounds good to your ears. I personally have never liked the EQ tweaks that receivers apply.

I always run the auto-setup after any room or equipment changes. But afterwords, I will freely tweak the results for the best sound to my ears.

My old VSX-55TXi's MCACC is probably rather lame compared to the newer models, though. I know my son's new VSX-820k is much faster, at least -for whatever that's worth.