need help for buying a good preamp with remote

maamic

Please anyone
can help me with the info on the best hi-fi preamp for home system. i have a
sansui au 717 amp, but i need a decent
preamp with remote control. i am using a Harman-kardon amp with a remote, as a
preamp, But i feel that, I am loosing
the sound quality. Will appreciate any help

I recently purchased a Marantz SC-11S1 to replace my old McIntosh C-26 and I am extremely pleased with the performance of the new unit. It is the best pre-amp I have ever owned, both mechanically and audibly. Frankly, I don't see how a pre-amp could be any better and none I have auditioned--at any price--are.

thanks every one again. i checked the carver ct6. i already had this brand in mind, but i was not sure.

i stumbled on the model carver ct-3, and i think its even better than ct6. the problem is that some of them on ebay does not have a remote.

i think i would go with ct-3. because i read good review on it. and also the price is in the right range.

thanks again,

the b&k's are hard to find on the market. i did not find any on ebay. yes you are right,

after research on the net, i am convinced now, b&k are much better than carvers.

i wish to use the pre, for music, from cd and radio. and want to get a warm sound, but a clear sound at the same time.

anyway thanks for the reference. i appreciate. you guys are great help.

• 2 weeks later...

Normal 0 21 false false false FR-CA X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Please anyone can help me with the info on the best hi-fi preamp for home system. i have a sansui au 717 amp, but i need a decent preamp with remote control. i am using a Harman-kardon amp with a remote, as a preamp, But i feel that, I am loosing the sound quality. Will appreciate any help

Maamic,

Yes, the new Marantz Reference components are spendy. How about a used pre-amp? I got my SC-11S1 for half price in like new condition. Look for any Marantz or McIntosh with a remote and buy the best you can afford. Make sure it is guaranteed to work correctly. It will sound better than a new pre-amp of lower quality and last longer.