A thank You to the community.

gagelle

I just wanted to to thank the community for all their knowledge and advice. I forget the person's name who recommended the Academy as a center channel for my Fortes. But I picked one up on Ebay and it sounds wonderful. Someone also recommended them as rear speakers. Buying two of them would be a bit expensive though. I'm currently using Epic CF3s (First version) and they don't really fit in with the Forte sound characteristics. I don't know if it would be worth buying Fortes for rear channels as I read that a limited amount of sound goes to the rear. (I may be incorrect but I read this somewhere on the forum.) I'm running 5 speakers with a Harman Kardon AVR 3600. I had to put much more power into the Epics to get a balanced sound as they're not nearly as efficient as the Fortes.

On another note, I'm surprised at how much some sellers are getting on eBay for Cornwalls--seems like there's a mania out there for these speakers.

How much sound goes to the Rear Speakers varies by Diretor, Engineer, Movie Type.

I have seen numbers like 30% & 40% for Rear On-Time.

I think those numbers would be close on action movies.

Trear jerker romance a little lower.

FYI - Don not hate the Academy - Great match when I had Forte IIs. Not so good with La Scalas.