RF-15 Setup for sale

Don66

Well ok guys figured what better place to post this question about buying some klipsch than in the community! I've recently come into the position of purchasing some used speakers and want to get some opinions on what thier worth or more what I should offer the person for them. The set up will be bought as a whole set they will not sell seperatly.

1 RC-10
1(pair) RF-15
1(pair) RB-16

they also have a sub I assume of the same series though I can't remember what the model number is. the few things I do know about these speakers are they where produced 2003 thru 2006 so they would be 5-8 years old. If anyone could help give some insight on what kind of offer I should give for the setup would be apperciated and anyone who owns these give me some feedback on how you like them would be given a thousand thank yous!

ps. I would run them with a onky tx nr808...

Don,

Welcome to the forum.

Retail in 2003:

RC-10 = 269.00

RF-15 = 600.00/pair

RB-15 = 299.00/pair-------No RB-16 ever produced, did you mean RB-61?

total = 1168.00

If in good condition I would offer $300.00 to $350.00 tops.

If there is a weak link in that setup it is the RC-10 with (2) 4 inch woofers. I would look for at least an RC-15 with (2) 5.25 inch woofers.

Your Onkyo TX-NR808 will power the speakers with no problem

Bill

Thank you for the reply! sorry the rears would be the RB-15 I have been looking on the net for about what this set up would go for knowing they where used. I have been noticing that the rc-10 is the weekest part of the system from what I've been reading about it. what would be a good match for the fronts? the RC-52 maybe? still dont know what the model number for the sub is but if you would only go 300-350 no matter what the sub is? appreciate the response!

what would be a good match for the fronts? the RC-52 maybe?

The RC-15 would be the perfect match with the RC-52 running a close second.

Don,

Where is your location? I am searching C-list and A-gon all the time for myself and others. Dial us in to your local C-list and we can help you find what you want.

Bill

Im located in south dakota and theres only one klipsch dealer here where i live other than BB orf course looked at the local craigs list and found some older klipsch but was more interested in the rf-15 set up. was a little surprised that you would only offer up to 350 for them though i was thinking they would be worth in the 450-500 range sinced it was the whole set.. thank you for your help so far though at least now im getting ideas of what thier worth..

was a little surprised that you would only offer up to 350 for them though i was thinking they would be worth in the 450-500 range sinced it was the whole set

I am not saying that they may not be worth more but it is better to offer a little lower than they are worth. If you offer too high, you can't go down from there. Even though MSRP back when they were new was just shy of $1200.00, they probably sold as a set for $1050.00.

Bill

found out they purchased them in 06 so I threw them on offer of 400 so we will have to wait and see where it goes up or down. found out the sub is a sw-8 but dont really need it since I own a sw-450. But also on the fence of just getting the RF-52 and RC-52(new) just to get started if they dont wanna sell for a reasonable price. thank for you imput Willand I apperciate it!

after a couple of discussions we agreed on 600 for all the towers, bookshelves, rw-8 sub and the stands for the bookshelves so the complete set up for that price but after looking on the net for awhile I was thinking of maybe getting the rf-52 center and towers new for roughly the same price so the delema begins if any body out there has run either of these two and can give some in sight i would apperciate it, i will still need to replace the rc-10 with either a rc-25 or a rc-52 cause like willand said it is kinda week..

It's been hard for me to learn this, but BE PATIENT. If your having second thoughts, then do your research and decide on what is best. And always be ready if a deal pops up that cant be beat. This the best advice I have got from this forum when it comes to purchasing used.

Good luck!