here how reccords give you moare of what you want:

SSnyder

1. They're Your Best Entertainment Buy. Records give you top quality for less money than any other recorded form. Every album is a show in itself. And once you've paid the price of admission, you can hear it over and over.

2. They Allow Selectivity Of Songs And Tracks. With records it's easy
to pick out the songs you want to play, or to play again a particular
song or side. All you have to do is lift the tone arm and place it where
you want it. You can't do this as easily with anything but a phonograph
record.

3. They're Convenient And Easy To Handle. With the long-playing record you get what you want to hear, when you want to hear it. Everybody's familiar with records, too. And you can go anywhere with them because they're light and don't take up space.

4. They're Attractive, Informative And Easy To Store. Record albums
are never out of place. Because of the aesthetic appeal of the jacket
design, they're beautifully at home in any living room or library.
The've also got important information on the backs--about artists, about
the performances or about the program. And because they're flat and not
bulky, you can store hundreds in a minimum of space and still see every
title.

5. They'll Give You Hours Of Uninterupted Listening Pleasure. Just stack them up on your automatic changer and relax.

6. They're The Proven Medium. Long-playing phonograph records look
the same now as when they were introduced in 1948, but there's a world
of difference. Countless refinements and developments have been made to
perfect the long-playing record's technical excellence and insure the
best in sound reproduction and quality.

7. If It's In Recorded Form, You Know It'll Be Available On Records. Everything's
on long-playing records these days . . . your favorite artists, shows,
comedy, movie sound tracks, concerts, drama, documented history,
educational material . . . you name it. This is not so with any other kind
of recording.

8. They Make A Great Gift because everybody you know loves music. And
practically everyone owns a phonograph because it's the musical instrument everyone knows how to play. Records are a gift that says a
lot to the person you're giving them to. And they keep on remembering.

And Remember . . . It Always Happens First On Records

I DIDNT" WRIT THIS >>>>>>>>>FROM COLUBIA RECCORDS

I know you didn't write this yourself, but I just could not resist commenting on this.

1. They're Your Best Entertainment Buy. Records give you top quality for less money than any other recorded form. Every album is a show in itself. And once you've paid the price of admission, you can hear it over and over.

No argument there. Any good, top quality music, regardless of format, should give you years of enjoyment for relatively very little cost.

2. They Allow Selectivity Of Songs And Tracks. With records it's easy
to pick out the songs you want to play, or to play again a particular
song or side. All you have to do is lift the tone arm and place it where
you want it. You can't do this as easily with anything but a phonograph
record.

I can do the same thing on my music server much more conviently than even records. It did suck in the day having to fast-forward or even rewind to get to a specific song on a cassette tape. Would rather just listen to the record and select it that way. Now with CDs and even more so with my music server and its large collection (some 10,000+ tracks) of music, I can have something selected and playing within minutes.

3. They're Convenient And Easy To Handle. With the long-playing record you get what you want to hear, when you want to hear it. Everybody's familiar with records, too. And you can go anywhere with them because they're light and don't take up space.

Even more so with modern CDs and digital downloads. Amazing that I can carry over a MONTH worth of music in something the size of a cigarette pack.

4. They're Attractive, Informative And Easy To Store. Record albums
are never out of place. Because of the aesthetic appeal of the jacket
design, they're beautifully at home in any living room or library.
The've also got important information on the backs--about artists, about
the performances or about the program. And because they're flat and not
bulky, you can store hundreds in a minimum of space and still see every
title.

No argument there either. There is just something really cool about looking at that big wall of records and CDs.

5. They'll Give You Hours Of Uninterupted Listening Pleasure. Just stack them up on your automatic changer and relax.

I can just queue up a big playlist of albums on my server and let'er rip without having to worry about flipping sides, rewinding tapes, shuffling CDs, etc.

6. They're The Proven Medium. Long-playing phonograph records look
the same now as when they were introduced in 1948, but there's a world
of difference. Countless refinements and developments have been made to
perfect the long-playing record's technical excellence and insure the
best in sound reproduction and quality.

So are CDs and today, even high-bit rate digital files are proving themselve to be excellent mediums for reproduction (despite what some of the snooty audiosnops may have you thinking otherwise)

7. If It's In Recorded Form, You Know It'll Be Available On Records. Everything's
on long-playing records these days . . . your favorite artists, shows,
comedy, movie sound tracks, concerts, drama, documented history,
educational material . . . you name it. This is not so with any other kind
of recording.

And on CD, in MP3/digital download, etc, etc. If you want to hear it, there is a good chance you'll find it in one form or another.

8. They Make A Great Gift because everybody you know loves music. And
practically everyone owns a phonograph because it's the musical instrument everyone knows how to play. Records are a gift that says a
lot to the person you're giving them to. And they keep on remembering.

And Remember . . . It Always Happens First On Records

No argument there, although it just depends on the person's taste in music. I love music, but I cannot stand rap or hip-hop, so giving me the lastest hip-hop recording probably won't endear me to much towards friendship there (unless I can trade it in for the latest Stratovarius album instead).

I love to listen to records myself every now and again, but I am not going to limit myself to that one format as some folks on here do. In fact, I am actually finding out that I much prefer the clean, crisp sound that I get from my CDs and my solid-state rig.

Still, there is just something cool about putting a record on, dropping the tone arm and watching it spin while the beautiful music pours out for my enjoyment. I do need to eventually get a better turn-table plus get something like a pair of Cornwalls for that two-channel rig I got downstairs in the basement.

Still, there is just something cool about putting a record on, dropping the tone arm and watching it spin while the beautiful music pours out for my enjoyment. I do need to eventually get a better turn-table plus get something like a pair of Cornwalls for that two-channel rig I got downstairs in the basement.

posted this mostley for historrical reasons

I aggree about cool-nes and watching reccords spin . .. . the estaeticks (sp?) of it all

REVIZED:

1. They're Your Best Entertainment Buy. espescaly used garrage sale good-will ect.

2. They Allow Selectivity Of Songs And Tracks. yes butt much easyer now as diggital file

3. They're Convenient And Easy To Handle. debaitible and much easyer now as diggital file

4. They're Attractive, Informative And Easy To Store. all true butt much easyer now as diggital file

5. They'll Give You Hours Of Uninterupted Listening Pleasure. not really butt much easyer now as diggital file

6. They're The Proven Medium. now moare historycal

7. If It's In Recorded Form, You Know It'll Be Available On Records. not now

8. They Make A Great Gift onley to reccord fans

And Remember . . . It Always Happens First On Records not now

so >>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATED:

1 the estaeticks

2 collectibel

3 nostailgia

4 argguabily BEST SOUND but not all will aggree