A PAIR of ULD15 II'S vs. ONE HGS 18

LouisT

The HGS18 will reach lower with ease,above all the HGS18 should have more output too.

Ah unless you can get two ULD15's for a low low price get the HGS18.You will not be disapointed,its clean,its musical and it has guts.

Only a few more(much more)expensive subs surpass the HGS18 combination of sub bass quality and output.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey Ears,

Well......the reason I mentioned a pair of uld's is because I already have one and I have a chance to get another one for 700.00...but if you say there still would be no comparison then I'll stick with the HGS 18...

Lou

Wait a minute where did I say two ULD15's would be no match or "comparison",the ULD15 is agreat sub and two are awesome.And for $700 you cant really go wrong.

Its just the HGS18 is a better(more output and as clean as it gets)sub.

I am about to buy a HGS15 to add to my HGS18. Smile.gif I like matching subs by family,like my Sunfire army.Ah the pleasure of huge sub bass.I will stack the HGS15 on the HGS18. LOL Out of space!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey Ears,

well i think im going to buy the uld15 and buy the hgs18 also.

Next thing is which way to hook them up...i guess ill have to experiment...lol..got any ideas Ears?

my set-up:

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200

Klipsch KLF-20's (bi-amped to the POA-5200)

Klipsch KLF-C7

Klipsch RS-3's (surround backs)

Klipsch KSP S-6's (surrounds)

Velodyne ULD-15 Series II(soon to have a 2nd 1)

And soon to be HGS-18!

Sony HDTV Hi Scan 1080 61"

Sony CD/DVD DVP-C660

Onkyo DX-C540

Lou

louis, if you have 2 front corners available, my 1st instinct would be 2 stack the uld toward one corn & put the hgs near the other. but like you said, no set answer there & experimenting is in order. Smile.gif may even want to use the ulds in the rear. lot of depends though. speaking of depends... Wink.gif

do the sub test. put all 3 in or right near the sweet spot then crawl around the room to see where to deal them out.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 04-15-2002 at 06:42 PM

ears, in my dreams buddy. i'm outa space (current hgs has a shelf above it) & big denero! Wink.gif

someday w/ the dream sys. then i think i'll need 4 hgs

as the velo guy says (imagine that Smile.gif). by then they should cost much less. Biggrin.gif

i had an hgs-15 & traded up to the 18. not because the 15 isn't great, but because i found the room for 18. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page