Klipsch Heresy 2 + Sub Help

PAUL1979

the KT SWII sub i have doesnt allow for a xover frequency so i dont get to worried about it. having said that, the Heresy II will drop slightly at 50hz, and there is nothing below about 43to 45Hz. if you have an ability to adjust the crossover, i'd start with a band pass of 20hz and 80 hz. you can adjust settings from there to find the best settings for your ear........

Although what you have said is correct and is a great starting point, ultimately you want to get the lows out of the Heresy. Just because the Heresy rolls off the low end and the sub can be set to pick up where the Heresy leaves off, the Heresy is still "trying" to reproduce the signal.

Removing the low end from the Heresy will reduce the IM and it will sound even better combined with the sub.

I do this with a pair of Heresy IIIs and 2 passive subs on their own amp. Currently I am letting my AVR do the split, but I am building a dedicated analog crossover.

the KT SWII sub i have doesnt allow for a xover frequency so i dont get to worried about it. having said that, the Heresy II will drop slightly at 50hz, and there is nothing below about 43to 45Hz. if you have an ability to adjust the crossover, i'd start with a band pass of 20hz and 80 hz. you can adjust settings from there to find the best settings for your ear........

Although what you have said is correct and is a great starting point, ultimately you want to get the lows out of the Heresy. Just because the Heresy rolls off the low end and the sub can be set to pick up where the Heresy leaves off, the Heresy is still "trying" to reproduce the signal.

Removing the low end from the Heresy will reduce the IM and it will sound even better combined with the sub.

I do this with a pair of Heresy IIIs and 2 passive subs on their own amp. Currently I am letting my AVR do the split, but I am building a dedicated analog crossover.

this is interesting, what do u set the crossover to, in order to get all the lows out of the Heresy?

this is interesting, what do u set the crossover to, in order to get all the lows out of the Heresy?

With my AVR I direct all speaker output < 80Hz to the subs. This includes center and surrounds when listening to 5.1/7.1. In stereo it's just L/R < 80Hz.

Tried 100 Hz and I like 80 better.

I run my fronts (Heresies) crossed at 60hz, this allows most of the sound down to ~50 hz; and let my sub do the rest.

You can experiment between "Full" or "Large" (All sound sent to speakers) or "small"; cossed at 80hz,60 or 40 hz.

Everyone's ears are different.

Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...

recieved my HSU sub and it sounds amazing with my Hresy 2, i want to thank everyone on the forum who has given me advice regarding the Crites crossovers, Emotiva Amp and the HSU sub, i knew nothing before i came on here but thanks to you guys i have a really nice system to listen to my music on!

Thank You!

• 1 month later...

Hello Paul, Not sure why you want a sub .. DJ's rarely use them as they run their audio through professional speakers with 15" high power drivers designed for professional PA use. JBL make a wide range of pro enclosures that are designed for sound reinforcment. Any DJ needs to start with the basics and there is a wealth of used gear in the market place. Never use domestic equipment for pro use unless by "Home DJ" you just want to "play" DJ's on domestic equipment. A proper true Pro DJ rig with Pioneer, Technics, JBL and processing will cost about $10K plus your music. Enjoy the dream ... the music is the most important element.

agreed, i am however only partially hardcore at this point...lolBig Smile

Sometimes I think Klipsch is a disease

... or an addiction ... I've been dependent since 1982.

I think you have the right term!

I started with a pair of used EV Aristocrats in 1969 (pretty much the same drivers as a Heresy),

had a brief detour into insanity with a pair of Bose 901s in 1972,

bought my Cornwalls in 1973 and have never looked back.