Ultimate Electronics is closing their doors, DEALS

SuBXeRo

Yes, i was at ultimate electronics today and they just annoinced, pretty much today that they are officially going out of business. Right now there are deals to be had of up to 30% off. Keep in mind UE carries all of klipschs reference series as well as their THX set. get em while they last.

Went down today. Klipsch Reference (II) series were 15% off. RF-82 II for $509.99, RS-52 II for $339.99, etc. Receiverers were also 15% off. I was going to buy the Epson 8350 HD projector, but all they had left was the floor model. I think prices are just now competitive with the no tax/free shipping places on the net. No wonder they went bankrupt!

Fwiw, this isn't the first time this has happened: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/55291/533770.aspx#533770

I agree a leaner Ultimate Electronics can come back stronger than ever. A discount super center that caters to the mid to higher end market is a good idea. There are several reasons that ULTE failed but none more so than one month after opening 18 -25 new stores, the tragic events of 9/11 happened. It wasn't a good time for venture capitalist, and landlords still wanted rent payments.

As far as the "debtors" are concerned they are going to write off their losses and are happy at least someone is willing to keep trying to sell their merchandise. It could have been worse for them if NO ONE wanted to get into the Mid to upper end Home Theater market in a big way.