Soundstage with TV over fireplace

Anu

Hi All

I been thinking of putting a TV in living room over fireplace....but wondering if floor standing speakers would give an acceptable soundstage. TV is going to be ~ 5-6 feet above ground. Would it be better to use Wall mounted speakers instead?

Thanks

I've got my TV high on the fireplace. The wall entirely brick and the TV mounts about 12inches above the mantle and tilted down. That means the TV is like 7.5 foot off the ground at mid-screen. It tilts down, and I don't notice any fatigue, but it is noticeably high. My RF-62s sit on the fireplace, way to close to the wall for optimal sound stage, and with a reflective brick wall close behind. This does lift the speakers so that the lowest woofer is at ear level. Anyway, it works way better than I could have imagined, and we don't notice it when sitting at the ideal position. While less than ideal, I don't think you'd have any problems. It actually really help to make our family room "comfortable" for multi-use.

Room is 13 X 22X 10. Seating is 15 foot from our 46' screen.

post-48136-13819637133434_thumb.jpg