13.5ft wall x 18ft....what would be a good heritage speaker?

chrapladm

I am having the dilema about which heritage speaker to build. I have chatted with Greg Roberts and it lookslike the Jamboree bass bins would be ok but the imaging would be difficult and I would need to be around 6-7 feet away from them. I would like to be closer to 10ft away from them if I can.

I have always loved the Klipsch heritage speakers and always wanted to build some but now I am stuck with a small room. The speakers will be going on the 13.5ft wall so I dont know if I could use something else that would sound better at imaging or what. Now I could build an Ewave as that might be the easier option but I am just wondering about Klipsch series stuff.

The heritage speaker would be placed very close to the outside walls also. In other words placed as far apart as I can go. The subs would be in the middle sort of. Now when I listen to music I tend to turn the sub off because I like the effortless sound I get out of my line arrays I have now. Now I cant listen to anything with much bass but with classical, acoustic and other soft genre music they can play loud enough. But these speakers are just to hold me off until I can build some Klipsch heritage speakers.

So if anyone could help lead me the way for Klipsch horn bliss I would appreciate it. PLUS I wont have to keep bothering Greg so much. I would rather just keep viewing his amazing looking horns instead of keeping him away from building them.

Maybe some MWM would be ok. LOL J/K Although Richards look awesome.

My room is 13x15, and I have chorus mains, spaced about 8 feet apart is all, I think that it really sounds good I had a pair of chours II's but sold them a bit ago. I have mine built in the wall so I kept the chorus I's for the front ports. I also had some fortes II that really sounded great as well.

Good Luck

I would need to be around 6-7 feet away from them. I would like to be closer to 10ft away from them if I can.

Pardon my being dense here.

Are you suggesting that it would be beneficial for you to be 6-7 feet away and you'd prefer to be FARTHER away, like 10'?

If so, my experience would say you'd be fine. My Khorns sounded their best when I was 30' away. That is to me, what was such a nice improvement by going to a 2-way speaker. The Jubilee's sound as good at 10' as they do at 30'.

You might look into the JubeScala since you have a sub. It's a very nice step up from the smaller horns.

Yes I was wanting to be sitting around10ft away because I was going to be eventually putting in a 9ft wide screen for our living room. I will have to check out the Jubescalla.

I have plans for the Dana Jamborees but they our a bit big I think for my room. Although I do like a wall of sound I would like to distinguish Left from Right during movies.

How wide is your room Coytee?

And what would you suggest for tops?

I have seen the 510 and 402 from one of the older posts that I have read before. I think the only reason I didn't try and build the La Scala bass bin was because the drawing I got was sort of vague and not descriptive enough.