looking for the right receiver

rlafon1714

Rlafon1714,

Welcome to the forum.

i'm looking to get the new klipsch rf-7 II speakers and i was wanting to know what would be a good receiver to match up with them. can anybody help me out?

First, how much is your budget for just a receiver?

Second, do you have to have HDMI?

Bill

Are you going to run just a 2-channel system....

What do you mean JUST a 2 channel system! Thanx, Russ

Sorry, wasn't implying 2-channel is inferior.[:#] Even I know that is not true. Just wanted to say that if 2-channel is his goal, the receiver route(whether stereo or HT) may not be the best way to go. If "only" 2-channel is what he wants, I would point him towards a sub $1000.00 integrated amp.

Like this.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?intatran&1300624693&/Nad-C-375bee-Distortion-Cancel

NAD C 375BEE Integrated Amplifier

Trickle down Masters M3

C 375BEE Integrated Amplifier - Front

Bill

Are you going to run just a 2-channel system....

What do you mean JUST a 2 channel system! Thanx, Russ

Sorry, wasn't implying 2-channel is inferior.Zip it! Even I know that is not true. Just wanted to say that if 2-channel is his goal, the receiver route(whether stereo or HT) may not be the best way to go. If "only" 2-channel is what he wants, I would point him towards a sub $1000.00 integrated amp.

Here's just a 2 channel system, lol!

post-25429-13819637344716_thumb.jpg

no, not building up a ht system. wanting a system for listening to my music mainly

In that case, I do feel that the NAD C375BEE is hard to beat for less than a grand. Tons of power, feels/sounds like much more than the 150w/channel specs. Also has preouts for subwoofer and stereo preouts "if" you want to add a bigger amp later. I truly believe you will not need to do that, but the option is available.

http://nadelectronics.com/content/100419143333-NAD_C375BEE.pdf

Here are the guts of the NAD. With those caps and transformer, no problem giving your RF-7II's the juice they need.

NAD c375bee components

Bill

If I had to use a receiver, I'd get a vintage Marantz unit. However, for $1000 or less you could get a good power amp (say a Marantz 240) and matching pre-amp and have a much higher end system. Crown, Marantz, McIntosh, Luxman, Harmon-Kardon, Dynaco, Hafler can all be mixed and matched. I used a Marantz 250M and McIntosh C26 to power my RF-7 II's and it is a great combination. Cost less than $1000, too!