Tubes for Ham Radios, Good for stereo's?

Taz

Gentleman at work stated his Father in law had a collection of Tube. Shelves, or room full as I understand. I know zip about tubes, but if someone knows if ham radio tubes are interchangeable with tube stereo tubes I would be willing to ask if he wants to sell some. He said someone should be able use them, so he might be open to do business. I will question him about it, and forward info on how to get hold of him if he wants.

yes, a lot of transmitters use some tubes that are good for audio. These transmitters use 6l6's, 8417's, 5881's, and 6550's. PM or email me if he has any of these for sale.

Guest davidness

In the past two weeks I have bought a number of 'small signal' tubes for my newly acquired NOSValves VRD ST 45 amp. Probably about 25 tubes total, variants of the 12ax7 & 12au7 mostly, plus some GZ33 rectifier tubes, so that could roll a few through to make my new amp sound as awesome as I can. I've easily spent over $800 (yikes!).. so, yes, there can be a bit of value if you have the right tubes.

You can certainly put my name down for any 12ax7, 12au7, 12bh7, 12bh7a, KT88, 6550, CV4003, CV4004, 5ar4, GZ34 or GZ33 tubes.

I have attempted to send each of you gentlemen an email, but don't know if it worked. Thus will attempt to post here and if not sure, will re write a response.

If one of you would be kind enough to let me know if email was recieved it will increase my knowledge of copy and past on this site.

I spoke with the gentleman whose Father in law has these tubes. Approx 1/2 bedroom full of boxes of tubes still in their original boxes as I understand. He used to do repair work on tube Hi Fi equip and Ham radio as I understand. I gave instructions as to how to find site, and this posting and need to join site in order to post. Also asked that he keep me informed. I will probably need/want some tubes myself. He seemed to think his father in law would enjoy the interaction with trading in the tubes. If neither he or his father in law want to post on the site. I would feel like I would finally be able to contribute by being a go between. All I have been able to do so far is ask for help and advice, which others have been kind enough go give.