Love my Image Ones!

Me Loves Khorns

I have always been a huge Klipsch fan. Have a ton of the big speakers. Have a pair of in ear X10's. Recently got the over ears. Just flew from Texas to Switzerland. They sounded great. With my ipod, and in flight movies. They isolated sound of plane rather well. Not quite as much as in ear, but really well. I think I will find myself switching between the in ear and over ear. They are different but great in their own ways.

Interesting, in the Apple store I tested the Image Ones with my iPod and I could easily hear the store background noise (I could clearly hear conversations) unless I nearly maxed out the volume, their overall sound was very good but the poor noise/sound isolation was what stopped me from buying them. I need a new set of phones since my C3's finally bit it. I am hoping for a one up or two up model to be released.

I too tried them in the Apple store, but could not try them with my own device (they were hard-wired to the display). They sounded so much better when I listened to them at home with my own iPod. In my case, maybe the store with its high ceiling and six dozen people chattering in the store and the fact that the phones were hard wired to their specific devices was the cause for sub-par sound.

No, they don't block out all sound like a tight fitting over the ear headphone, but in a home setting that shouldn't be an issue. They still block out sound to a low muffle. They are really comfortable on my head and I like the sound a lot from these headphones.

I need a new set of phones since my C3's finally bit it. I am hoping for a one up or two up model to be released.

I'd recommend the Image X5. We have C2 and Image X10 but I still like the X5 MUCH better. Maybe not the bass of the C3 or X10 but the X5 sound much closer to the C3 IMVHO than the X10. The X10 are much darker sounding to me. I think P Thump says they have a more forward sound.... maybe more midrange to my ears?

Remember that P Thump is a BASS FREAK but I'm sure Mark has claimed to like the sound of the Image X5 better than the Image X10. They're not as insanely small as the X10 but that will only matter to the members of SECS.*

* Small Ear Canal Society - underground society that may or may not really exist and may have only 2 members, those being the charter members. (And don't worry, Coytee is not one of the members)

I use mine almost exclusively for in-flight listening (I fly about 2-3 times a month), and I love them. Also, they get better everytime I listen to them. I didn't do any "burn-in" (jury is still out if that's a real thing). They do seem a little more open then when I first got them, also a little less bright.

Maybe these "burn-in" people are on to something...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, im new here. Also got my Image Ones, just today.

I have a question, i the manual the compatibility section it says that ipod classic 120gb is supported, but when i check apple site it says 120gb and 160gb.

So wich one is correct?