Pro Media 2.1

LuckRocks

Hello, i got the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 speakers..And they sound bad..All they do is distort..Any song..If there at LOW volume real low they dont distort..I tried hooking it up to my alienware same thing..my phone..same thing idk whats wrong any help would be nice

You might get an answer here...and again, you migh not.

I think there is a 'computer speaker' forum where you might get more eyeballs on your question. This is the Klipsch "pro" as in the huge boxes that weigh 400 pounds.... perhaps the other end of the spectrum than the "Promedia" lol

I've got a pair of Promedia 2.1's and love them. Never had a problem other than the DIN thing but I fixed that wire. I don't have any idea as to what your problem might be. You say you hooked them up to your alienware (I don't know what that is) and your phone and had the same problem. That does suggest that there might be a problem with them. Have you wiggled the DIN connector on the sub to see if you can create the problem by doing that? (if so, I'd contend your DIN is in process of crapping out)

Have you hooked something else up to these sources and had it sound fine? (if so then it suggests it's the PM's and if not, could it be the source?)

Either way...good luck. They can sound fabulous. You might get better answers though in the correct forum. This one doesn't get as much traffic as some of the others.

Yes. Go to computer speaker section. If you bought them new then just take them back where you got them. If you bought them used then y'all might have gotten hosed by an unscrupulous online auction pig. I got a set like that. Amplifier hums and blows out the bass/mid drivers in the satellites. Call Klipsch support they can repair these things if out of warranty. Note also that Klipsch warranties are non-transferrable.