HDBRbuilder�Inverted Speakers!

HDBRbuilder,

Two days ago I inverted the Heresy's on top of the 71 Cornwalls as you suggested in another thread. They do look funny with their little slanted butts in the air.Eek.gif

Been listening to them that way for the last two evenings and nights. There are very noticeable improvements in the sound. The mids and highs blended together extremely well now. Must be due to the tweeters and squawkers of each speaker being oriented closer together. In the inverted placement, it sounds like each set is one speaker, sort of Cornwalls with SUPER sized sound. I'm now considering removing the Slant Risers and buying small feet to screw into the four holes. These would not be so noticeable and still provide a measure of safety when oriented correctly.

Thanks for the suggestion. Like their sound very Much!

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 04-18-2002 at 09:46 AM

Wes,

Yer welcome...Glad ya liked it....somehow, I kinda figured ya would...LOL! I don't know exactly why, in acoustical terms...but what you said about the top end sections being closer together is part of it I am sure...but I also believe that having some bass driving OVER the top end sections adds to the overall effect...maybe by reflection or whatever...who knows?...I sure don't, but I always liked em set up that way...if you have drop in grill cloth on your heresys, check to see if you can get another pair of em without logos mounted and put the logos on the bottom (which is now the top)of em...so they look like they came that way...just a thought...know what i mean, Vern?...LOL!

Another thing...you might wanna consider just storing the risers, and think about this for them holes in the "bottom" of the cabinets...instead of using screws if ya ever put the risers back on em, you can kill two birds with one stone by taking some of those "drive-in" or "screw-in" threaded inserts and puttin them into the screw holes on the cabinets so you could use machine bolts instead of screws to mount/remount/remount/remount...etc...those risers...that way you wont strip out the wood where the screw holes are...you may have to either drill out those holes a bit to a larger diameter to put in inserts that take a machine bolt with the same Outer Diameter as the screws originally have...OR... use smaller diameter bolts with washers so that the bolt heads dont slide through the holes in the risers when/if you ever remount em... and you can get some of those nifty dark brown vinyl button lookin plugs (like the ones you see used to cover the screw holes on alot of these slap together discount house woodgrained vinyl over particle board bookshelves you have to assemble)to put into the holes when you have em upside down so the holes dont so readily show...just make sure that if you do any drilling for those inserts, you dont drill THROUGH the heresy cabinet...it is supposed to be airtight...ok?...just a suggestion!!!!

P.S....You can find these inserts and vinyl buttons at Lowe's or Home Depot.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 04-18-2002 at 10:40 AM