Transfo question

BBZink

I have a dac converter who used a 9volt 2 A transfo, and i am wondering, if i could replaced it with a 9 volt, but 600mA, what will be the impact on electronics and sound?

thanks for any help, you could provide

regards

Tpjrs

I guess that depends on the circuit. The unit should tell you on the back what its current draw requirement is. As long as you provide that amount of current the unit will work but It will likely sound better with a larger transformer. why do you want to change anyway? I have found the larger the transformer the better the sound. Hope this helps Moray James.

Why i want to change, it came with euro transformer and i have to purchase an adaptor, for north america plug! Also, the cell phone type transformer provided with the converter gave me the idea, that i could maybe find better. I search and found a better build transfo, in my hardware, but i was afraid to destroy something usiing it passing the 2A to 600mA?

On the back of converter, it is said 7-11 volt, no mention of the "A" requirement?

So a custum transfo, will be my future DIY project for this HIFace converter

as long as your transformer provides the correct voltage you use can use any current rated transformer you want as long as it meets the minimum requirec. The higher the durent rating the better things sound. A regulated supply should also sound better but will cost more than a non regulated supply. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

Also, the cell phone type transformer provided with the converter gave me the idea, that i could maybe find better. I search and found a better build transfo, in my hardware, but i was afraid to destroy something usiing it passing the 2A to 600mA?

On the back of converter, it is said 7-11 volt, no mention of the "A" requirement?

Is the output AC or DC? What was the euro transformer input voltage? This will all make a difference on the rating you need for use in the US/Canada.

Bruce

Ac/Dc

input : 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 0,5A
output: 9v-2.00A, 18W max

The tranny won't have ac OR dc input. This sounds like an autoranging supply similar to what most laptops/notebooks use. You don't say, but the 9 Volts out is DC?