Need a new receiver

dieselp

I just upgraded my tv i have klipsch RF62 fronts RC62 center RS52 surround and a 12"sub and i was looking at the pioneer elite sc-35 and vsx-33. i have a farily large room 18 x 26. my old recevier gave up on me the sub pre out. so i want to upgrade all my new stuff is hdmi. and these receivers look nice but i was wondering if i needed the ice amp with the klipsch or if the vsx33 would be fine?

Look at the Yamaha RX-V2065 HD 7.1 AVR. It is last years model and there are still one's new in the box on that auction site for about $650.00( it cost twice this last year). There many other makes and models that have the same options etc, but this is a good place to start for the money. When my 2003 Yamaha RX-V2400 7.1 (no HD) finally burns up I will replace it with the 2065. A friend has one that is on all day every day as do I. One year of my useage is like several years for a person that is Not retired. My other HD AVR has quit again so I too am looking at a new AVR.

My 805 was a Great HD AVR with killers amps. But my all day usage for years has it in the closet floor again. Second time in 3 1/2 years of Very hard usage. One year of my playing one is like 3 for a normal person :-)

There is a thread about the 805 heat problems on another forum that is still going from 3 years ago and 700 pages.My guess is most of the failures we from owners stacking on them with NO venting....read manual. I even installed a fan in rear of my flatt screen cabnet and it had 6" of open air space above it. If I was not playing a AVR 15 hours a day I would buy another (used) 805. I looked for a used 875 last month...nothing on that auction site.These were the last Onkyo AVR that were made in Japan.

The 875 has more options but I think the same powerfull amps. If you do with a 805 or the 875, DO not stack and use a fan for better venting. These Great amps made this model run a little hotter then any other AVR I have owned in the last 20 years.