Klipsch RC-62 II Center Channel Speaker

Marlon

I have a Sony 7.1 Receiver model no. STR-DH800 and for my speakers I have a pair of RF-62 II for my fronts, a pair of RF-42 for my rears, a sony 12" sub, and my center channel speaker RC-62 II, I recently purchased these Klipsch speakers but how much do I need to pick up the decibels for my center channnel speaker in order for me to here the dialogue clearly and loud. Is it normal for you to have to adjust the center after microphone calibration? I cant seem to here low dialogue volumes on some of the movies. Does anyone have optimal settings for my Sony Receiver STR-DH800?

Thankyou!

Marlon

I had the same problem as you. I have rf 7II and pioneer elite sc 25, my center chanel was much lower in volume.( a Paradigm) I had to calibrate the speakers manualy. But i did not think to check what size my speaker setting was at.[:$]That would be a good place to start ,or maybe just buy a RC-64II. lol Good luck with your problem, Let me know what you found maybe i will be able to do the same.

Yes. I set my fronts at 0 and match from there as I listen to music in two channel stereo. When I was running tower surrounds, briefly, I had those set at +1 for greater "effects." I played with it quite a bit and I have had my center set at everything from 0 to +4 compared to my towers. Sometimes it depends on the quality and format of the media I am using. I also adjusted the mid-range frequencies (like 1khz to 2000khz) up +1 on my center for a while in order to improve dialogue, but not all receivers have that function and I found that it was only better for certain formats and made other media slightly annoying so I went back to neutral there.