B&K amp

I have someone in my town selling a B&K reference 7250 II 5 channel 200watss per channel. He will sell to me for 600.00 dropped from 700.00 .The question I have is this , he says that one of the channels at start up pops and then plays fine and at shut down it pops . Has anyone come across this problem, if so what was the solution. Is this something I should be worried about ? Is 600.00 a good price even if one channel needs work. I am only going to use it for my center rc64 and L/R rf 82.

I am not a tech but I do think it may be an easy fix or maybe not even a damaging problem at all. My B&K 3-channel amp has a slight pop at startup and power down also and has done that for the last three years. Some high current amps just do that. My Acurus 2-channel amp did the same thing. I have read of other amps doing this also.

I think $600.00 for a powerful and musical 5-channel B&K amp is a great price, even with the popping issue. If you are only using (3) channels, then it is a non issue.

Bill