crazy static sound from one side

The Dude

Any ideas, for starters I know its not the source. But I haven't tried swaping recievers. Gear is Altec 511b with k-55-v drivers, and Selenium hm17-25 with the d220ti drivers, and Some sort of knock off of Crites 4500 crossover. I don't hear it from the bass bin just the mid and tweet, but the bass bin is a EV Regency cab with a CW1526c. Which I have the changed the taps on the auto transformer for about -6db. If I get time I will swap out recievers and see if thats it but thought I would ask for any extra input maybe a bad cap or transformer, don't know and its not constant only seems to appear with certain songs.

Thanks

Nick

Any ideas, for starters I know its not the source. But I haven't tried swaping recievers. Gear is Altec 511b with k-55-v drivers, and Selenium hm17-25 with the d220ti drivers, and Some sort of knock off of Crites 4500 crossover. I don't hear it from the bass bin just the mid and tweet, but the bass bin is a EV Regency cab with a CW1526c. Which I have the changed the taps on the auto transformer for about -6db. If I get time I will swap out recievers and see if thats it but thought I would ask for any extra input maybe a bad cap or transformer, don't know and its not constant only seems to appear with certain songs.

Thanks

Nick

Duder! How are ya?

Have you checked the wiring from the crossover to the mid and tweet on that side?

Also, you could try switching the speaker wires from left to right (instead of the receiver) to verify it is that speaker with the issue.....

(If the problem stays on the same side; it is the speaker for sure; if it moves to the other speaker; it is the receiver; or wiring from the receiver to the speaker)......

I am sure others will chime in and can help further.......

Good Luck bro!