bluray problem

I am using a ps3 for my bluray player and what I have noticed in the past week is this. I played 2 dts ma 7.1 disney bluray movies tron legacy and narnia prince caspian. and noticed 1 to 2 second audio cut off at different times through out the movie. When I play it in any other format it plays fine. Now when I play any other movie that is not a disney bluray in dts ma 7.1. For example a liongate movie, warzone punisher also in dts ma 7.1 format it plays fine, the 1 to 2 second audio cut off does not occur. I'm confused .Any ideas on what this could be.

I presume this PS3 is connected to a digital receiver and the receiver is decoding the material, the dts ma 5.1 is a very high bitstream and controlling this can be a problem sometimes for receivers. The dac on the receiver could be having trouble decoding this codec and loosing connection, when this happens have a look on the receiver and check to see if the HDMI connection is switching on and off at all which is indication of a loss connection. Try changing the audio output from the blu ray to PCM if its already on PCM then change to Bitstream.

How long is the HDMI cable also as the length could be causing a problem due to not having enough power to output this high stream of data.

When the audio cut off occurs the display on the receiver stays the same.( DTS MA) . I have a 3FT HDMI cable. The firmware is also updated . I was told by PS3 tech support to uncheck Dolby digital plus at the audio settings of the ps3 and also defrag the ps3 harddrive. I did that and now I need to go back to blockbuster and rent anoher disney movie and see if it works.Had to return late fees !