What powered sub is the best match

cmenomore

That question is the proverbial "can of worms".

I got my sub last year after a few months of research....... I am still completely satified with my purchase.

You need to figure out many things:

1. How big is your room?

2. What will you be doing (HT or Music or 50/50?)

3. What kind of design do you prefer? (Sealed; ported; baffle; folded horn; in wall/ infinite baffle, etc?)

4. How big do you want the sub to be?

5. Price point?

6. Is there a significant other that may influence your decision?

Start by checking out Epik; SVS; Hsu, Emotiva, Elemental Designs, Parts Express (Their DIY subs are a great value).

Klipsch subs are good too (The really expensive ones); but my opinion is there is more bang for buck out there to be had.....

Good Luck

Room specs are much more important than speaker make/model for subwoofers. Budget is also huge (can go from $100.00 used to an obscene amount for a 12 inch sub). That said, Klipsch does recommend the RW-12d for it's RF-82 surround system. I have the RF-82s and got two RW-12ds. I am very satisfied with that!!! The reason for two was due to the 24 foot depth of my room. I wanted more sub for carrying the sound, though that isn't necessarily a requirement. The RW-12d retails around $900.00. It isn't uncommon to find them listed for about $500.00 per on-line, but I bought mine (one new and one used) for $350.00 and $250.00 respectively. I would think for "bang-for-your-buck" you need to be at or below $500.00 for that sub, otherwise there are better subs to be had at that price point.

FYI, dual RW-12ds do look really cool on the front sound stage with the RF-82s!