Wounded My KG4's Need Help Please

2sick2pray

I accidently crossed my connects while my amp was still live. Now what I get is a dull sound even though the tweeters appear to be working , however at a much lower volume. Ran high frequency test and could still hear 14khz on down. Any Ideas what I done to my babies.

It seems like you would have damaged the amp, not the speaker!?!?

Let's hope somebody who's more knowledgeable than me comes along soon. (That would be most people here, so don't worry![;)] )

Sorry to hear about the tragedy,

Dennie

That's what I thought at first, fortunately I have a another set of NHT's and they sound fine as I'm listening to Herbie Hancock right now and the my old Denon cooking fine.It's definitely the KG4's and they sound weird,like someone threw towel over them. I do have new Crites caps coming but somehow I don't think that's going to help. Thanks guys for the help.

Took my KG's apart and tested the tweeters with the speakers cables. One is dead and one is good. Put the good one back in and the speaker still sunds dull and flat and low volume. I looked at the xover but I cant tell if anything is wrong. I relly hope that someone can steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

2s2p,

I noticed in your profile a Denon PMA-520. What are your thoughts on it. Did it power your KG4's? I am totally blown away by my 80's Denon integrateds. I think they are real sleepers and often overshadowed by the vintage 70's gear. I have a line on a PMA-750/TU-750 combo to add to my collection. Sorry to hijack the thread.[:$]

There are some very technical minded members on this forum so I am sure someone can help solve the issue.

Bill