New Center Channel

dtester

Well my fabric is the GOM acoustical and my screen is acoustically transparant as well. My goal was to keep the mid-ranges at ear-level while seated. Not sure it that is right or not.

But you got to love those Klipsch!!

not sure exactly what I'm looking at here. Is there a screen that drops down in front of these for a projector? If so is that the "fabric" someone" was talking about? Also a question from a non heritage guy. Most people that have the reference line use larger woofers for their left/right fronts than for their center channel. But what I see in this photo is a much larger woofer on the center speaker than the left and right channels. How does that effect the sound? Do you change the crossover settings to get more bass out of your center (because you have the bigger driver available)? Or if you keep the settings the same are you not taking advantage of the center driver? I know almost nothing about heritage so sorry if these question sound odd.

OH, they are working. I tried to get these babies up near reference level and could not take it. But they sound wonderful. Used Audussey to bring everything in line and now my concernt blu-rays sound just like you are there. Heritage line rules!!

Hard to believe speakers this old; sound this good. And shopping the secondary market, the price cannot be better.

JasonJCarney - there is a screen that is manually put up and the brown is the acoustical fabric panels that round out the stage wall. My home theater is still in the constrcution phase. Like was pointed out the woofers on all three are 15". I cross over between 60Hz & 80Hz and allow the subwoofers to go lower. In a home theater these speakers just make the mids & highs come alive and they add just enough mid-bass to compliment the subwoofers. If you've never heard any of the Heritage speakers you need to give them a try.