SVS sub came !!!

dbImage

Hey guys,

My SVS sub is here and my question is , what to do with my KSW12? Should I keep it to support the surrounds or just sell it? I have heard that 2 subs in opposite points in the room can cancel each other out.

system : rf3 ,rs3, rc3 ,ksw12,svs 20-39pci , yamaha rxv-1000

Check it out with your own ears on a variety of source material... and then do what they suggest!

When my dual Ultras arrived... they were so adequate and pure to my ears for HT that I arranged my 3 KSW-12's and 2 KSW-15's in another part of the house. -HornED

PS: While competing sub waves can cancel each other out (that's what the U.S. Navy used to cancel out engine noise when rigged for silent running)... multiple subs can also help to negate standing waves. The native acoustics of your room and your "bass personality" has a lot to do with what's best for you and yours. However, I think you will find that it takes at least the quickness and accuracy of an RSW sub to match your new sub. Let us know how it goes. H.E.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-23-2002 at 01:28 PM

I don't think that they would really cancel each other out. Personally I think 2 subs is better. If you look at alot of expensive setups people have more than 1 sub. In my setup I have a downfiring sub and a front firing sub. I know people say that they sound the same but I think that front firing and downfiring subs make different sound/bass. So I combine them so that I get the best of both worlds and couldn't be more satisfied.

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

I had the same situation, and opted to sell the KSW-12. I'm glad I did. The only way I would suggest using it is to supplement your rears, but still set rears to small. The KSW would then tackle 80 hz to 100 hz of rear channel info. If you set the rears to large, and use the KSW12 there, your SVS won't be utilized for rear channel bass, and you would be doing yourself a disservice. You may still be able to get a good price for your KSW12, More than enough to buy a nice parametric EQ like the BFD to really make your SVS shine and to eliminate standing waves at your sweet spot!

Good choice on that SVS!

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Kenwood amp for sub and shakers

Denon AVR 681/1601