Possibility: Adding 2nd sub (even out bass in room)

Hoenig

There is a local craigslist add for a Used Klipsch KSW-12. Since my room is 26' x 19' and the sub is in the back corner, there is a difference in bass depending on where you sit in my room.

This is mainly for music and not movies. Is it such a bad idea to add a KSW-12 with my RT-12d (put in the front opposite corner)? I know it makes sense to add the same sub but thought I could get by cheap just to see what it does.........

Any thoughts? Wasting money?

Guy is asking $250 and I was going to try and get it for $150 or so.......and it is right down the street.

Thanks!

Hoenig,

I too recently incorporated another sub into my main system. I picked up a couple of Paradigm Servo 15a's from a local seller and am using one of them with my Klipsch RSW-10d. Included in the deal was a Paradigm X-30 outboard crossover that I have been using to tweak and blend the two different subs together. After a couple of weeks of trial and error, I am now amazed at the results. The RSW-10d runs directly off of SUB1 output from my NAD receiver while the Servo 15 is connected to SUB2 output but runs through the X-30 with the phase setting in play and the crossover at 40 Hz. The Klipsch sub crosses over at 80 hz.

In your case, the build and sound quality of your RT-12d is much better than the KSW-12. It may be better to look for a sub that is closer in sound quality to your RT. If you are able to get it for $150.00, it may be worth a try.

Bill

id get something stronger to come closer to the rt to compliment it better, or sell the rt and double down on some new subs, i think 150 would still be a waste, if it were me id sell the rt and spend that little extra (probably not much) on a dual setup by ed or epik if your going dual route, i dont think the rt and ksw would put up much of a fight, output matching a svs ultra around 500 cheaper, pretty sure thats the route im going in the next few months unless i trip over something better