HT build using KG2.2

herff_c

I am about trying to design a HT around a pair of KG2.2 speakers. I bought them years ago and have never really used them....they're still in their original box.

I am about to order an Audio Outlaw 1050 receiver to drive the system. Will have to buy a new DVD player. Will view system through current Mitsubishi 35" tube TV.

What speakers to I purchase to match tone and timbre of my current KG2.2's or do I dump them and start fresh?

What center channel? What surrounds? What sub?

How do I arrange the set up (i.e. KGs as front or rear)?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,

Herff_c

------------------

Wife and kids?...Yes! Minivan?...NEVER!

Herff_c, I think I would start from scratch if I only had two discontinued matching speakers. But...I have seen quite a few KG series speakers (KG5.5 4.2, etc) for sale on auction. If I went with used, I'd get the KG5.5 as fronts (or maybe even a set of Quartet's, Forte's or Chorus') and TRY to find another KG2.2V for the center and use the ones you have there as rear surrounds. Those models match very well together. Problem is...finding good used ones!

Herff_c,...just start over................

Later

Mike

I have some nice KG5.5's, among others. REAL problem: SHIPPING!

Keith

Oh yeah.At the top of the page click 'Products', then 'Home Audio', then 'Klipsch Classics' for specs of your speakers and other KG's.You might match the tweeters in your 2.2's with say a pair of 1.5's for surrounds and a 2.2V for center(or a KV2/KV3).You could add a SW12II or SW15II sub(they show up on E-Bay occasionally)and have a nice low budget HT.Just a thought.Good luck!

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 04-25-2002 at 08:35 AM

herff-

Those KG2.2s are good speakers. You certainly wouldn't have to start over, depending on your budget and what you want to accomplish. As TTK mentioned above, you could use those as your mains, grab a pair of KG 1.2s off the web, add a KV-2 or -3 (designed for the KG series) and a sub and you'd have a very good system for not too much money.

That said, if you wanted, you could certainly pick up a pair of Quartets/Fortes and then move the 2.2s to the rears. I have Forte IIs/Academy across the front and a couple pairs of KG 1.2s for surrounds/rear center and it does very well. It all depends on how much money you want to spend and how bad you catch this HT bug.

jhawk